Physicsally Disciplining Working Dogs

My pop didnt do time out. When he got home from 10 or more hours of hanging iron if you were dumb enough to pizz him off you got it and got it good.

when my dogs screw up i like to sit them down, in the corner so they know they are in trouble, and explain to them exactly what they did wrong and why i dont like it. HA HA Yes thats a joke. But like a broken record, ill say that the disciplin depends on the dog. And i know for sure that the dog at my house that needed the harshest punnishment was my pit bull who i am convinced dont feel pain. I learned that it is in the way you deliver the message that matters, Not how hard. I can hit her in the head hard enought to knoch out any man, and she will bounce up and lick me. But if i grab her by the nape of the neck, or the cheeks, and give her a swat to the head, it works wonders. But you cant make them believe that the only time you will touch them is to hit them. that makes for a bad dog- owner relationship. Followed in a close second to my pit is my 10 lb jack russle who in her own head is a 100 lb ball of muscle and fury. ha ha.

Back