NO CROWS BUT THE PIGEONS CAME IN!!

BAYSTATE YOTE

Hey All
We went out this morning to one of my spots,brand new cut hay field,not one darn crow came in!!!
thumbdown.gif

So I loaded up all my Varmint huntin stuff and headed to my home town,where I have the run of all the farms.
I was going to shoot some chucks,but I wanted to do some wing shootin. I set up my pigeon decoys and the action did not stop,heck while I was trying to pick up they were still decoying in,the hot set up is stationary decoys and a Mojo Dove,I also put my Mojo Hawk out there,does'nt scare the pigeons at all,I guess the movement is what does it.Well let me tell the you,the barrel on my new Franchi 620 was smokin hot ,but did not jamb once!! I had to switch to a skeet choke the darn things were in close!!!
w00t.gif

I did miss a lot,but I picked up 50 and I bet I dropped 30 or more in the grass and had some take off on foot.

I was using Remington Gun Clubs,#8 shot. they put the hurt on them!!!
thumbup.gif

100_6237.jpg

100_6240.jpg

100_6238.jpg

100_6239.jpg

100_6242.jpg

100_6241.jpg

HOM%20-%20Banner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice story and photos, Shane. I would say you had a great day, despite the lack of crow opportunity.

That's some beautiful countryside.

David

My brother hunts feed lots in Colorado and he has had some incredible pigeon shooting on occasion.
He is due down here in a few weeks and we may just give the crows a little wake-up call.
Thanks for posting the pics and story.

They get chucked into the woods at certain spots to feed my coyotes,then come fall I will set up and call off these dump sites. I have to say I really had blast,you have to work the crows with calling to get them in,pigeons just come right in!!
lol.gif

A couple of times I was picking up my shells a I would look out in the spread and see a couple walking around!! I also took about 4 twofer shots,they seem to like to fly close in pairs!!
w00t.gif

Dust
Sick minds think alike!! I had the Mrod,if you look to the right of the red wagons,that white building is the grain storage,I had the Mrod positioned for shots when the pigeons would perch on the peak of the roof. I did try some of the runners but they were out of range,by the time I could redeploy the Mrod.
smile.gif

Thanks for the nom!!!!
thumbup.gif

Back