red fox calling

kenny 12

what is the best foxpro sound for red foxes. i use gray fox pup
sounds works great for grey foxes. i have a red fox pups sound but never use it. thanks

I called a red last winter with the Johnny Stewart gray fox pup distress.

I'm not experienced at calling red fox like a lot of guys on here. I too would like to hear what guys use consistently to call reds.

Foxpro has several red fox pup sounds that are really good.
C75 Baby Red Fox 1
C76 Baby Red Fox 2
C78 Juv. Red Fox
C79 Red Fox pups

All are 24 bit and sound really great.

i live in md we dont have any jack rabbits but i can try to use cotton tail sounds. How long should i stay in one place for hunting reds. Im used to calling grays which they come in pretty fast. thanks kenny

Originally Posted By: kenny 12i live in md we dont have any jack rabbits but i can try to use cotton tail sounds. How long should i stay in one place for hunting reds. Im used to calling grays which they come in pretty fast. thanks kenny

I live in Va. and we dont have any jackrabbits either but jackrabbit distress is the ticket!!! I probably killed around 40 to 50 reds last year and the biggest part of them fell to jack distress....Coyotes are smart but they dont know that you dont have jackrabbits....

Chad

Originally Posted By: jlutcher51Called one this past year with snowshoe distress

Snoeshoe is another great one...The raspier the call, the better!!!

Chad

Hey chad when you move to new mexico I want the latitude and longitude of where your killing. 40 to 50 reds a year
thumbup1.gif

Screaming Jack,Crying Jack, Chicken Distress seem the beat of my 24 Foxpro sounds I have but looking forward to the fox pup distress sound next season.

Kenny, these guys are right. Forget about what prey critters that you do or don't have naturally resident in your area. The emotion, agony and pitifulness of the sound is what brings them in.

I call most of my Reds with open reed mouth calls but FoxPro has some good sounds for them for sure. Bird distress is always magical on Red Fox. Lucky Bird is a good one. I have Johnny Stewart's "Squealing Bird" on both my Scorpion and my FX5 and killed at least one double on Reds last winter using that sound.

Stay out of the thick cover when hunting Reds (for Grays that is great, but not Reds.) Reds play the wind more than a Gray, and you want to be able to see them downwind. Give em more room to respond than a Gray as well(call larger areas), not such tight areas.

Good luck

Originally Posted By: jasonpredhunterI like red fox pup, lucky bird and screaming gray if using an e-call. I use a bird distress hand call and like it really well too.

WOW!!!

Back