I was "working" (really)

Duane@ssu

I was checking pumps this morning on the ranch, and came across a badger. Didn't have my camera, but a quick call to my wife, and she made the 3 miles to me in short order.
Did I mention I like my dogs???
thumbup.gif

Badgercatch7.jpg

Badgercatch-1.jpg

Badgercatch3-1.jpg

Badgercatch2-1.jpg

Chicks dig scars.
grin.gif
Spotlight is still not back up to speed, but his heart ain't shrunk any.
Spotlight-1.jpg

Badgercatch9.jpg

This badger is "unshot", caught "fair" in the brush.

Originally Posted By: Duane@ssuI was checking pumps this morning on the ranch, and came across a badger. Didn't have my camera, but a quick call to my wife, and she made the 3 miles to me in short order.
Did I mention I like my dogs???
thumbup.gif

Badgercatch7.jpg

Badgercatch-1.jpg

Badgercatch3-1.jpg

Badgercatch2-1.jpg

Chicks dig scars.
grin.gif
Spotlight is still not back up to speed, but his heart ain't shrunk any.
Spotlight-1.jpg

Badgercatch9.jpg

This badger is "unshot", caught "fair" in the brush.
thats a great picture happy dogs and a dead badger

Dang I like those dogs and boy do they have grit even mom is in there pulling fur. I hope everything works out with this pup.
Mike

Poor little badger.
grin.gif

Not many things funner than the dogs on a Badger.
Peanut even got in on it. Pretty cool stuff.

Good duty alright.
thumbup1.gif

However, I'm betting that some days the duty isn't as fun for Duane as all that. You guys might want to think twice about signing on.
scared.gif

"Some days are Diamonds; Some days are Stones." J. Denver

I'd sure like to take the chance. Anymore it seems most of my days are stones, it would be nice to have a diamond everynow and again. I'm sure each line of work has it's up and downs though.

Originally Posted By: Duane@ssuI guess we all do what we do to take care of our families, I'm just blessed that the good days outnumber the bad.

you got it made man hunt whenever do a little work, get paid to go hunting it's the life of riley ha ha ha

Ya 18 on, 6 off,for weeks at a time is a real "blast".
If my dogs stayed on a chain when I'm working they would get little feild time.I bet they really liked "guardin the rig" from midnite last nite till 1:30 this afternoon, while I was bailin hay.They will be with me in about an hour when I head back out. Maybe run a yote or badger, maybe not, but they won't be left at the house.

Duane its a little off topic, but it looked like one of your dogs had a freeze brand on its side. Do u brand all your dogs, or did u buy him with it on him? I ask because i want to start branding all mine. Any input?

Back