tricky rabbits!

kevin22-250

does anyone know how to tell a European rabbit from a common cotton tail? they both have a white cotton fluff/tail.
blush.gif

I Imagine the european rabbits will be in Eurpoe while the cottontails will be here in the USA, LOL.

Sorry, just had to joke arund, really I didn't know there was a rabbit similar looking to a cottontail.

It appears that the european rabbit don't have as much white lines on it's face and jaw line as a cottontail. I looked up the images of both rabbits online and completely understand why you ask, I would definately misidentify one over the other.

t/c223encore.

haha funny, dude. In washington the european rabbit is fair game year round, where the cotton tail is not. Just hate the thought of being put in the position of arguing with a Warden.
I like knowing what im smokin!

It would be easier if they looked more like a jackrabbit than a cottontail. I understand not wanting trouble, Game wardens cost me 700.00 in fines in the past for a mistake I made.

t/c223encore.

When I was in Germany the hares were HUGE! I've never seen a rabbit that big! They looked like my Jack Russell!
smile.gif

To be honest, I'm shocked any state has any season on rabbits anymore. It isn't like there are thousands of folks running to the fields to shoot them. Kansas has it right; year around-no limit!

Last edited:
You'd be surprised as to how many people shoot them. Any public ground within an hour of the KC metro area gets decimated each season; I'd bet the same thing happens on the liberal side of the state (St. Louis).

And the eastern parts of Kansas where I've run gets the crap shot out of it; I suppose out of state guys heading west to hunt Kansas start on the eastern border and then migrate across.

Back