Premium Trigger/Optics Mount

RedneckShooter

Hello everyone,

I am currently having a custom Grendel built and have a few remaining parts I need.

I would like some recommendations on a premium trigger. I have been looking at a few different brand triggers and am unsure whether to use a single/dual stage trigger. I have no experience with a dual stage trigger and am a little hesitant to go that route. Ideally I am thinking of something in the 3-4Lb range.

The gun will almost entirely be used for hunting and not competition shooting. My budget is under $300 (trigger) but would like to stay around $200 if possible.

I also need a quality optics mount and am not sure whether to go with a single unit or just use standard rings. Also I would appreciate any recommendations on brands.

I was leaning toward a single unit LaRue mount but just am unsure. I will be using a Nikon Monarch 4-16X42mm.

Thanks in advance for any comments/opinions!

I just put some ARMS rings on a carbine of mine, and they are awesome! Might be worth a look. They are stout, and excellent quality.

kevlars

After setting up three AR's identically, a 223, a Grendel and a 450 Bushmaster, my vote is Timney for the trigger and Burris P.E.P.R. for the mount.

I've tried others and IMHO this is the best.

I was in the same boat as you - never shot anything with a two stage trigger. I figure I would give one a try and bought the Wilson Combat TTU two stage and couldn't be happier. I got it from Midway with one of their discount codes and saved $20 for spending over $200. As far as the mount, I bought a PEPR for this rifle and am happy with it, but the one I am building now will get a Bobro mount.

Thanks for all the comments!

For those using a Timney do you prefer the 3 lb or 4 lb trigger. I am looking closely at getting a Timney or Giessle trigger.

I will likely go with the Burris P.E.P.R. or the LaRue Lt 104/139.

I've got Timney 3lbers and like them. I would like to try a Giessle but have not yet.

My vote for mounts is Larue lt 104. I'm a bit biased since I have several!

Giessle's are pricey!! Larry Scott over at 6mmBR.com sells Jewel triggers for around $200.00 and they should be real nice! Check the classifieds.

larue is definately top of the line but i really like the pepr at half the cost.
IMG_1471.jpg

LaRue, cry once. But then I don't have anything to compare it to. Lots of guys like the pepr and others. After reading and reading and reading I ended up choosing LaRue (and they like my ARs have multiplied in my safe!)

RRA 2 stage. I have JP as well and it's fine, but the RRA feels great and after talking to a builder are supposed to be more durable.

Back