Beaver Dog

yoteslayer0927

I do some beaver control work for some folks around here from time to time. It is a bit tedious and time consuming.....

A while back someone (I think Trapper) PMd me about using dogs to get beavers out of dens. Could someone explain a little more in detail about how it works and how effective it is??

Brian

Trapper 2, I have a few friends that do hog control and they have land owners asking for help with beavers as well. Would you mind sharing your advice via PM with me as well. Thanks in advance.

Sean K

how big of dog are you using? i have yet to see a terrier able to hold a full grown beaver. but i have seen a few that were latched on and held their breath while being drug underwater.lol

emerald, i'm not looking for a dog that can kill or even hold a beaver, if they can that ok but dont have to, i want a dog that will go and find the bank holes that the beaver are using and run them out so i can either shoot them or just set traps, but if they will find the holes it cuts out alot of looking and thats time, and anything that will shorten my time trapping beaver is a good thing. plus i run snares on drags and the dogs help find them if they get out in the cattails. i use the same dogs i use for everything else, their not the best but they work part of the time, moses is good to go in holes that are above water but cleo can fit in one too

Back