When can I go back?

jwcw13

After I have called an area and have either shot a yote or got winded or just missed how many days until I can effectivly go back and caLL? Or what if I didn't even call one up but did call ? Is this confusing enough!!lol

I know its tempting to go right back to an area after having called in a coyote there .BUT . I wont say that you wont call in another or even the same coyote in that place , but , you would do better to use that time to find other spots to call . dont burn out this area . I have alot of places to call, so i avoid each location for up to a month . Your new to this , so use some of your time for finding other places , in the long run you will be glad you did . Also if you want an area to remain productive , keep your mouth shut about that spot . he . he . I dont mean to be rude , just trying to help you out . If you tell your buddies , they might just go in there and educate the heck out of the population . Here at home ill share my locations with experianced callers , but the only way i will tell or show a rookie is if they go with Me. Give it some time , and let that coyote forget about you . You called in one , so your doing sompthing right . Now get out there and call in some more . This is the only wqay you will learn where they are , and where they are not . Best of luck young man . Jerry AKA Moses Man .

i set up several routes that have locations that i can get to easily and unobtrusively. my calling locations are laid out in a circle that i can drive and my stands are relatively close together. i do not drive a half hour between stands. just because i see a coyote in a certain location i don't consider it to necessarily be a hot spot. coyotes can and will go anywhere. there are however areas that hold a coyotes attention more so than others, for various reasons, and sometimes the reason is a mystery. i try to incorporate an area like this into each of my routes so that i'm not tempted to over hunt an area..... john w

Back