sniper hawg light

akere

I have light color question. the guy that owns the company told me that he would make me a custom color the will be a little brighter than the red. he say it will be a red/orange and it would be in the middle of red and amber. If you do not know about these lights they a true led lights no filters. I will be useing this light for all kinds of night hunting yotes, bobcat, and alot of hog hunting. So what do you think of this color? should i just go with the red or have him do a amber light for me? This guy is great he will make these custom colors for the same price as his reg. colors.

thanks
Drew

Drew they are awesome lights! I have one on my shotgun...Yes they are the only company that makes a true red led light....I like red but try out the one that he is going to make for you...Some people like amber...I use red because thats all Ive ever used...

Chad

yea from what I have heard on my other forum he knows what he is talking about. so i may do the red/orange. if he thinks it will be good i will take his word. Hey what kind of range are you getting on you red light? I know you will get more with a good scope but on you shot gun how far can you see with just your eyes. also do you have the destroyer or the mini sniper. i want the destroyer

I use their lights also (red minisniper and red destroyer). I obtained a red-orange led light from ebay, and deer notice that color a lot more than red. And I don't like the way it picks up eyes. I'd rather get a true amber instead of red-orange. Or, go with red. In the TexasBoars forum, a combo light (2 reds plus 1 green) produces an amber color, and the hogs don't seem to notice that.

DEER you spot lighting them? just kidding i heard that our eye can pick up the amber color alot better than the red. how much was your extra led? I really like the green but i have heard that color spooks other animals more than the other colors.

I use a Light Force on my rifle and a mini sniper on my shotgun...I can pick up eyes with that mini sniper easy at 200 yards...Its more of a flooded type light and thats the reason its on my shotgun...The destroyer is the way to go...The destroyer may give Light Force a run for their money...Let us know how it works for ya...

Chad

Chad thanks for you help. i like the light force but i think the destroyer will be little less top heavy on my gun

In my opinion the mini sniper hawg lights are the best lights avaliable for a shotgun. I'd also be interested in how that destroyer works out for you. Let us know!

Are you wanting a light with white output? If so, the DBS V3 is OK, but it is currently sold with the XPG emitter. Previous V3 had the XRE emitter which had more throw. For white light, take a look at the inexpensive Uniquefire HS-802 from DealExtreme. Or, get the Destroyer for non-white color leds.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chad WalkI use a Light Force on my rifle and a mini sniper on my shotgun...I can pick up eyes with that mini sniper easy at 200 yards...Its more of a flooded type light and thats the reason its on my shotgun...The destroyer is the way to go...The destroyer may give Light Force a run for their money...Let us know how it works for ya...

Chad

Chad,
I don't feel like going back and digging it up, but wasn't you high as a kite and personally endorsing them LED throw-away lights? What happened? Higher bidder?

I use them to shine eyes with now and I still like them...Hog sniper light is an LED light....The Fenix LED is still mounted on my AR...Heck Ive got all kinds of lights....Im getting ready to order the destroyer here in the next couple days...The lights that you may buy might be throw aways but the lights I buy are pretty costly and are still going strong....I take every light that I have when I go night hunting whether I use it or not...That post you are referring to is called "The best light period! so far!!!" ... Notice the SO FAR part in the header...Times and lights are changing everyday and so is the rest of the world... Heck, I used to be high as a kite on 27 inch color tv's but now I have a 52 inch !!!Have a good day!!!

HERE IS THE POST YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT:

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...282#Post1531282

Chad

Originally Posted By: jlutcher51Chad when you get the destroyer be sure to let us know what you think of it. I've been tossing around the idea of ordering one

I sure will...Like Ive said before, If a certain light comes out that catches my eye and I can afford it I will try it out...

Chad

Originally Posted By: PacecarAre you wanting a light with white output? If so, the DBS V3 is OK, but it is currently sold with the XPG emitter. Previous V3 had the XRE emitter which had more throw. For white light, take a look at the inexpensive Uniquefire HS-802 from DealExtreme. Or, get the Destroyer for non-white color leds.

The newest looks to be the DBS V3 1SM MC-E-M ,supposedly the brightest yet?

Here's some interesting comparisons aswell...

http://docs.torchworld.com.au/bsc2009/index.html

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chad WalkThe lights that you may buy might be throw aways but the lights I buy are pretty costly and are still going strong....Times and lights are changing everyday and so is the rest of the world...Maybe you need to get caught up with the times...
HERE IS THE POST YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT:
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...282#Post1531282
Chad

I guess you've endorsed so many lights you are confused. That's NOT the light I was talking about, it was an LED light, the Predator Light. Maybe the thread was deleted for political reasons. I don't buy throw away lights, don't see an advantage to LED's, and I don't really own a collection. We agree lights are changing, they just ain't getting any brighter or cheaper. I reckon someone has to come along and buy all this new technology and rationalize its high price. Maybe you got caught up in the "times".

Originally Posted By: Chad WalkMaybe thats the reason you dont kill anything...Have a good day!!!

lol.gif
Keep pumping sunshine.

Originally Posted By: smilinIBChad,
I don't feel like going back and digging it up, but wasn't you high as a kite and personally endorsing them LED throw-away lights? What happened? Higher bidder?

Upon further digging...all your posts endorsing lights have been edited to smiley faces. What gives? Did they shut your checks off or did you really decide to test them?

Back