Bobcat Mount !

The cat that Ursus posted the pic of was mounted by a guy named Wayne Miller from Michigan. He does not use conventional foam forms, but uses string and wood wool to construct his own custom forms which makes them all teh more impressive. Last i knew, he was no longer taking customer work.. bummer. You can find his mounts on Ebay from time to time, they normally go in the $800 and up range. The good news is, his daughter is also very talented and from what i've seen of her work, could easily follow in her dads footsteps.

That cat aint dead. Kudos on taming a wild Bob though!
thumbup.gif

Maumau - Now that is a nice mount... I have a bobcat at the taxidermist right now, and I only hope it comes back looking like that... Very nice!

Originally Posted By: WildwvAre you guys for real? I honestly figured this guy was joking using words like "Masterpiece" and "Rave all day long".

that is how i read it also.

Originally Posted By: Evil_Lurker Quote:...that is how i read it also.

That was my take, too, then Barry's post made me think I was off-base.

I'm still not sure.
confused.gif

Add me to that list.

There are a couple really nice mounts here...not saying which ones.
smile.gif

Cats aren't that hard to do and their faces are NOT full of fat.Just alot of taxidermists (or people that call themselves that)out their that are just not very good at it.Just like a mechanic or anything else.Reference pictures are a must,the eyes are what most people can't get right followed by ear position.Bad thing is when these guys do a bad looking one they can't even see it.I don't get that.

Ill tell you what, I couldnt really figure out if the guy was Bull S'ing or if he was for real. Regardless of what the intentions were I can honestly say that few things have made me laugh this hard in the last few weeks !! I showed the post to my brother and some buddies as well and man we all laughed our butts off. Not even because the mount looks funny but because of how brutal the posts have been....wow. Either way, I would be proud of the bobcat even it looks odd. Its a trophy and the hunt itself and the experience of hunting such a cool animal should not be undermind by bad mount. But man have I laughed alot about this topic !!

Quote:Its a trophy and the hunt itself and the experience of hunting such a cool animal should not be undermind by bad mount.

+1

The mount is entertaining but that is not a reflection on the hunt, the cat, nor the accomplishment of taking a bob. I've shot plenty of nice critters of different types but I've still got a goose egg in the bobcat column. Good hunting.

Nate

This is one of the funniest posts I have seen in a long time. Check out Big Cat Taxidermy on the web and you will see some A+ work on cats. Spend the money and get a good job done. Maybe the expression on the cats face is the last thing he did before the impact!!!!!! Good Stuff!!!

nice mount! id sure like to get me a bobby one day!
im not one for full body mounts though. Im more of a tan the hide and put on the wall type.

Back