TT Stealth Lanyard intro.....18 calls and Total Silence!

Tony, are you planning on making any more of these lanyards. I have a traditional 550 lanyard and like the concept but not the big knots. What you have is exactly what I am wanting. Just curious.

After an exhausting search for companies to build these for me, I finally came to the realization that I want these done and done right, I'll have to do them myself. I have recently purchased an industrial sewing machine, learned how to sew and have produced my new "TT Stealth Lanyard II". A much better version. I am wearing and testing the new prototype now, in the field. These will be available very soon.

Thanks...Tony

I can't wait to see the new version Tony!!! Any chance of you making me up a pair of "Tom Austin" jeans while you got the machine out running? His jeans and your lanyard- I gotta increase the number of dogs I put down.............right?

Hope you and the family are doin well!!!

Kevin

I don't think that any one man can approach the awesomeness of Tom's jeans. It takes the entire textile industry to produce pockets that epic.

On a totally serious note, I was happy to be involved in Tony's search for a manufacturer to produce the Stealth Lanyard. I sent measured drawings, photos, and specs to bunches of USA textile producers.
Let me tell you, although there seems to a buttload of people out calling, we still represent a tiny percentage of the population. The volumes you have to deal in to get a reasonable price from any USA manufacturer are unreal. One producer wanted $80 apiece to make 'em just the way he was selling them before!
Tony was unwilling to go the "made in China" route and it seemed like the jig was up. Then, in what I've found to be typical Tony style, he decided to figure out how to do them himself, and make them an improvement over the previous model.

We've talked at length about his new lanyard design and, while I haven't seen the new prototype yet, it should be great; even more practical, functional, and easy to use. I and Tony have both used the previous Stealth Lanyard design for at least two seasons each and we identified some of the first design's shortcomings and he specifically addressed those.
Especially in light of my newfound knowledge of the commercial sewing industry, they'll be worth whatever he's charging for them, too.

Tony, put me down for one when you get up and running with them!

Put me on the list Tony.. I have seen theses in use,They work great.. I normally do not wear a lanyard, due to calls clanging and banging.. That's not a problem with these.. Im looking forward to the return of the stealth Lanyard..

P/S Please video you at the sewing machine!! I gotta see this
thumbup.gif

Tony put me down for one also. Let me know when you have them ready.

Like Kerry said, I want to see video of you sewing!!

Will put yall on the list guys. Because I am building them, I don't expect to be cranking 100 of them out anytime soon.
smile.gif
It took me 3 hours to build my first one.
lol.gif

Kerry and Mark....laugh it up on the Tony is sewing joke.
smile.gif
I've testing prototypes of a few products I've whipped out already. Building them out of need for my personal use. Kind of nice not having to depend on someone else for the build. Especially when I need my skirt hemmed.
lol.gif

Thanks...Tony

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbe
Kerry and Mark....laugh it up on the Tony is sewing joke.
smile.gif
I've testing prototypes of a few products I've whipped out already. Building them out of need for my personal use. Kind of nice not having to depend on someone else for the build. Especially when I need my skirt hemmed.
lol.gif

Thanks...Tony

I understand what you mean. I learned to sew when I was a young kid. I do my own sewing also.

Tony, please put me down for one. I have been wanting one for quite a while. It will be nice to not have wind chimes around my neck.

Tony,
I sent you a PM 2/24. Want to make sure I am on your list. I definately want one of these lanyards.
I have an idea I think most of us would be ok with. If it helps your work load I would be fine with you sending mine with 1 cord lanyard (to attach the cals to your Stealth ) tied for a pattern and send enough cord or lenths of cord to make the rest. I'm fine with tieing the rest of them myself. I know it has to take some time to tie 16, 18, 20 or how ever many you end up with ( the number keeps rising ...lol).
Hope this helps! I'm thinking most of us would be glad to do that.

Got yall down on the list guys. I am way behind in reading PMs. Tieing the lanyard loops is the easiest part of building the lanyard. Getting everything measured, lined out, and sewed is the hardest part, right now. The Stealth Lanyard 2 is designed for 10 calls. I have went with 550 cord for the drops, as well. Less tangle. I think 18 was pushing it, last design. Ten makes more sense and still probably more calls that most guys will carry/own. I carry 6 on mine.

Thanks...Tony

Back