ABC article and message board

I don't think we need to relax any concealment laws. Everybody is so concerned over these types of laws, they want to have their guns around when it is time to overthrow the government or protect a loved ones life.

That time period is exactly when I could care less about the law.

As for everyday life, I don't want people carrying around shotguns or AK-47s under their trenchcoat.

Originally posted by NYnovice:
I don't think we need to relax any concealment laws.

Why not? It has been proven time and again that concealed carry has reduced crime across the board, and I don't believe there has been one case of a CCW permit holder committing a crime.

Everybody is so concerned over these types of laws, they want to have their guns around when it is time to overthrow the government or protect a loved ones life.

Of course, everyone is concerned,the ability to overthrow a tyrannical gov't and to protect yourself and family are hugely important

That time period is exactly when I could care less about the law.

Then you had better worry about it now because all not worrying about it will get you is no gun rights.

As for everyday life, I don't want people carrying around shotguns or AK-47s under their trenchcoat.

If they are an honest citizen where is the worry? The criminals already DO carry such as you mention and worse. One of those nutballs start draining clips on a crowd of people and there is no armed law abiding citizen around what you have is a bloodbath.

[This message has been edited by marlands (edited 03-19-2002).]

I am opposed to "concealed carry" laws. I believe The Constitution gives us the right to carry arms. "...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." What part of this do we not understand?

One little, two little, three little gun laws.

Four little, five little, six little guns laws.

Seven little, eight little, nine little gun laws, we have 10,000 gun laws now!

Fact is, we only need one firearms law. How about something like: "No person shall use a firearm for any unlawful act"? And then let a jury decide to what extent violators should be punished.

Until that time we (gun owners, hunters, sportsmen) had better hang together. There are over 3,000 various select groups out there like predator hunters that all have their self interest in mind. They are too blind to see that there are 6 very vocal anti's out there that are attacking concealed carry here, coyote hunting there, target shooting over there, large capacity (more that 5) back there, etc. Now they ae talking about adding sniper rifles to the list to be banned. By definition in NY, NJ, and CA - sniper rifle - a high powered rifle with optics.

Now does that start to strike near home?

Anit's want all of our guns and the sports that are associated with them to be banned out of existance. You should support all resistance and actions aimed (pun) at resisting and eliminating the continous stream of laws and restrictons aimed at firearms in general. Wheteher you personally will use them or believe in them I don't care, but eventually they will focus their aim at you and your sport after they have eliminated all others around you....think about it!

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
one shot~one kill

Back