FoxPro what we need from you ASAP!

hammer007

I hate to even ask for this but what the heck.

A charger for the CS-24. Plug and charge
smile.gif

I know we asked to change the knob on the remote and you did it so what the heck
smile.gif

The biggest reason I keep my fury is for the easy of charging and having a back up.

I want a CS-24 for back up.

Hammer

hammer007: Since the battery pack is in an external pouch, it is no problem to have the terminals on your smart charger to match up with the plug ins for the battery. I can hook mine up in seconds. I posted info about this in the thread "Best batteries for CS-24", including the batteries and charger. Here is that post:

The best batteries I have found for the CS-24 is a shrink wrap 10 pack from the following link. They are designed to work a robot and have much better shelf life than most rechargeable aa batteries.

http://www.batteryspace.com/nimhbatterypack12v2200mah10xaaforwalkingrobot.aspx

I also ordered a smart charger from them which works great.

Last edited:
I do like the idea of that shrink wrapped battery pack Al.

I see a boat load of smart charges listed. You have a model number or specific name of the charger you went with Al?

Thanks.

I have a MRC smart charger. Problem is the charger is smarter then me. I have burned up and ruined so many batteries I am a bit gun shy
frown.gif

Thanks

Hammer

hammer007, I would suggest getting someone with a voltage meter to check out your setup. You can't always go by the red wire, black wire to make sure you are correct.

Originally Posted By: possumalhammer007: Since the battery pack is in an external pouch, it is no problem to have the terminals on your smart charger to match up with the plug ins for the battery. I can hook mine up in seconds. I posted info about this in the thread "Best batteries for CS-24", including the batteries and charger. Here is that post:

The best batteries I have found for the CS-24 is a shrink wrap 10 pack from the following link. They are designed to work a robot and have much better shelf life than most rechargeable aa batteries.

http://www.batteryspace.com/nimhbatterypack12v2200mah10xaaforwalkingrobot.aspx

I also ordered a smart charger from them which works great.

Hi Al,
Could you tell me what kind of plug you need to hook battery pack to CS-24. Also does the battery holder that come with the cs just come out of the pouch to allow room for the battery pack? I am going to order a CS-24 as soon as I can get one with the foxbang feature on it and I want to have battery etc. for it when I get it.

Thanks
Billy

Last edited:
[Possumal] "Model H02400918-US-1 "Powerizer", same company as the shrink wrap battery pack."

Possumal, I'm drawing a total blank on that website linked to (for the battery pack) and no luck with an internet search for a Powerizer charger with that model#.

You happen to have a link for that particular charger?

Thanks

[/quote]
Hi Al,
Could you tell me what kind of plug you need to hook battery pack to CS-24. Also does the battery holder that come with the cs just come out of the pouch to allow room for the battery pack? I am going to order a CS-24 as soon as I can get one with the foxbang feature on it and I want to have battery etc. for it when I get it.

Thanks
Billy [/quote]

Billy,

I don't know how Al did it, but if'n it was me, I would put a connector on the shrink wrapped battery pack to match the one on the caller, which is a common 9 volt snap connector. That way you could use the original 10 cell battery holder loaded with AA rechargables or some good quality Alkalines for a spare/backup.

Most all of the 9 volt snap connectors I've seen have 4 to 6 inch bare end wire leads already on them. If you use that type and if you decide to do it that way, be aware that the wires do need to be reversed in the connection. Red (positive) from new battery pack would need to be connected to black (negative) on the 9 volt snap connector and black from battery pack gets connected to red on new snap connector.

And yes, the shrink wrapped battery pack would fit right in same pouch.

Originally Posted By: OrphanedcowboyThis one is listed with the batteries:

Multi-Current Universal Smart Charger

Thanks orphane,

Yeah, I saw that one. I would guess that is more than likely the one he's talking about. I just didn't see where any (model)numbers for that one came anywhere close to the numbers he posted.

I reckon he'll be along sooner or later and straighten my confusion up.

I just got the batteries and charger you recomended. I have a Radio Shack here and am going to get a connector that will mate up with my CS-24. I am unclear on the reversal of the red and black wires for the battery pack to the charger and also to the CS-24. Can anyone explain?

On my charger, the combination red & black wire went to the black wire on the Radio Shack connector. My friend, Chuck, checked it out with his voltmeter before I did any soldering. I would venture a guess that Radio Shack could check that out for you. The CS-24 circuitry has a protective little gizmo in it to protect the caller but you do need to check out the charger hook up to the battery pack. You are not charging the battery pack with it hooked up to the caller anyway, so you are checking to make sure you are hooking the ends of the Radio Shack connector up for proper battery charging with this particular battery pack.

Radio Shack was no help. I bought the charger you recomended and the battery pack. On my charger there are 2 sets of wires coming out. There is a thin set and a thicker set that has a white plastic connector on it. Which set of wires do I use to connect the battery pac to the charger?

I also bought the battery pack that Al recommended. I can tell you that the 9 volt snap connector that I got at radio shack wired red to black and black to red. That is when I solder the connector to the battery pack. Just make sure the the smaller to the two connection is the positive side. As for the charger hook up you need to know which one is positive. Most smart charger will not start charging if the polarity is reverse but I would still try to find out which side is positive first. I Can't believe that they could not check it with a multi meter for you a Rat shack , that's pretty sad!!

Last edited:
I used the wire coming out of the center of the end that is permanently attached. If you get the thing hooked up right, you have the same kind of adapter on the end of that wire to snap into your battery adapter. You can't hook it up wrong when you do it right to begin with.

Back