Effective .22-250 round for deer and hogs

Ive decided that IF I do deer hunt with it next year I will limit myself to neck or headshots...to be honest I probably will just stick with the .270

the 63g Sierra Semi Point will stabalize in your Remington with it's 14 twist.

A hot load with IMR 4350 works very well with this bullet.

I have personally shot the 60g Nosler Partition in two remington 700's with 39g of IMR 4350. Groups are in the 1 1/2"-1 3/4" and they really make a mess out of deer at 3400+ fps...you will not believe the damage that little bullet will do.

Thanks for the tips about the heavier pills. That itty bitty 55gr bullet gets blown all over the place. The 60gr VMAX is working out well and now, i will get me some 63gr Sierras and check them out. I was using Benchmark and I have to say that the Hodgdon max load for that bullet was pretty close. At 34.5gr of Benchmark, I started to see the primer flattening out a tad so I backed off and I have 34gr pushing the 60gr VMAX and I am pretty happy.

i have never shot any factory out of my rem 700. it has never shot a group larger than one inch. that includes 60 grain vmax and 60 grain balistic tip and 63 grain sierra . factory ammo for deer/antelope : i would use federal 60 grain partition, or second choice would be hornady 60 sp.

seen alot of deer droped at 200+ yrds, w/ hot hanloaded 55 g bal tip nosler, some of them perfect placement, some a little off, still did in, i personaly hit 1 at 370 through the neck and out the shoulder w 22-250, you think no way, my experince has been at a o -80 yrd range first sign of bone bal tips are gonna blow up, once the velocities tame a little(longer yrds) the bullet has a good bit of penetration, i swear by nosler bal. tips in any cal. until they prove me wrong...
223-55g
22-250-55g
243-70g
25-06-100g
30-378-165g

I have not seen this for a awhile but Winchester did manufacture loaded ammo with the 64gr power point for the 22-250. This is a good expansive bullet. I load this round in my 220 swift and have killed several deer and hogs with it.

Originally Posted By: bumpI have not seen this for a awhile but Winchester did manufacture loaded ammo with the 64gr power point for the 22-250. This is a good expansive bullet. I load this round in my 220 swift and have killed several deer and hogs with it.

Thanks I found some and I think ill order a box or two to try out.

Back