Racial Hate Crime in Texas?

Jack Roberts

Moderator - Deceased
Another Racial 'Hate Crime' in Jasper, Texas?

A motorist in Jasper, Texas, is accused of running over and killing a
hitchhiker of another race. Sound like the nationally publicized
car-dragging death of James Byrd Jr. in Jasper?

If you wonder why you haven't heard any outcry about the new murder, or
even
heard about the case at all, here's why: This time the suspect is black
and
the victim is white.

According to authorities:

The victim, Ken Bimbo Tillery, visited a Jasper trailer park Friday
night
and asked around for a ride home. Blake Little and three others offered
him
a lift in Little's pickup truck after agreeing on a price of $5 for
gasoline. The price increased to $50 by the time they arrived in
Pineland.
Tillery tried to escape and was chased.

"A couple of the guys jump him and beat up on him, then the driver of
the
car runs over the guy," said Jasper County Sheriff Billy Rowles. All
were
suspected of drinking and smoking crack.

Little, who is black, was arrested Sunday on murder charges, the
Associated
Press reported Monday.

Rowles, who investigated the 1998 murder of Byrd, was quick to claim
that
race did not appear to be a factor in Tillery's murder. There
apparently has
been no outcry yet that this case is a "hate crime."

Question 1: If this isn't a "hate crime," is it a "love crime" when
someone
is beaten and run over?

Question 2: Would it be a "hate crime" if Little were white and Tillery
nonwhite? Just as in Orwell's "Animal Farm," under "hate crimes"
everyone is
equal but some are more equal than others.

Question 3: Why are supporters of "hate crime" legislation so obsessed
with
the criminal's motive? Tillery is just as dead as Byrd was.

Question 4: Why do most media consider this case not newsworthy? We
scan the
news wires nightly and saw no mention of this murder until a Texas
reader of
NewsMax pointed out the case today.
The murder of Byrd sparked national outrage, and during the 2000
presidential campaign the pro-Democrat pressure group National
Association
for the Advancement of Colored People ran a vile ad trying somehow to
blame
Byrd's killing on George W. Bush, who as Texas governor had opposed
bogus
"hate crime" legislation.

Question 5: What added punishment would leftists like to give those who
commit "hate crimes"? Two of Byrd's killers await execution, something
liberals are always crying about, and the third is spending life in
prison
on the taxpayers' dime.

As the reader who sent us this news tip wrote: "I guess we won't be
reading
about that in any newspapers or watching it on TV news, huh?" You got
that
right.

R.TERRY PARDUE
NAPLES,FL
-

Well since I only live 70 miles from Jasper Texas I will chime in on this one.

Correct, The victim is just as dead. One difference is that the man that was dragged for over four miles on the end of a logging chain attached to the bumper of the accused truck at speed in exccess of 60 + miles an hour , James Byrd Jr., was targeted specifically because his skin color was black. I do not know if it was reported in your "area" or not but they collected body parts from a four mile stretch of road(notice I said PARTS as in little bitty pieces. Finger here toe there leg further on down) I see the most recent happening as several crack addicts having a quarrel about how they were going to obtain more crack. Still isn't right but still a big damned difference. I can assure you that Rowles would have yelled hate crime if he could have .

Whether it is theft, murder rape or any other thing you can think of-If it is black against white or vice versa. it could be called a hate crime. Political correctness causes us to divide these things. It is a shame because it doesn't matter if it is against a different race or the same race it is still a hate crime to do something of this magnitude.

Besides lets not forget you are talking the same area as Vidor, Texas and that is a well known area for the hatred of blacks. I don't condone it ..Just a fact that the people are like that. I would have to say if that aforemntioned crime had happened just 70 miles further north here in Shelby county and the convicted ones hadn't had hate group ties I can say that it would have been handled in a completly different fashion.

And I can say that if the defendants in this case had ties to a known hate group it would come out as the people of that area would see to it!!!(Do the initials KKK mean anything?) I would take what one reads with a grain of salt, especially if that person is some 1500 miles from the incident and knows little about the inviroment, attitudes or the area that it happened in...

One more small fact that could be brought to light would be ..Why is Rowles even mentioned? If the crime happened in Pineland it is not even in his county. It is in Sabine county.,,....nough said!......James L.

------------------
yotewalk.gif

Never underestimate the power of stupid people!

[This message has been edited by James Lindley (edited 02-10-2002).]

James, first I would like to let you know that I love your signature at the end of your post. Lots of truth to that one. Now, without starting a war, I would like to say that I can see exactly where the above story and attachments make alot of sense. In fact perfect sense. There is alot of racial tension throughout the whole world and that will never change. But there is a such thing as the facts. And I don't think that we hear half of them. Whether we are 2 miles from said incident or 2000 miles. We hear the story that is most going to pick-up the underdog. This descrimination thing has gone too far. Now the percecuted ones are the whites. We are all wrong and we owe everybody that is not white, "something". I am sorry that things were not good for some other races in history. But that is what it is, history. I don't figure that I owe anything to anyone. I am a Native American. I was born and raised in the United States. That is good enough for me. ANY one that calls themself anything else that is an American citizen loses my respect. Black, white, red, blue whatever. There is no suck thing as a French-American, or Italian-American, African-American, or anything. Your either an American or your not. That is where this whole issue becomes an issue. None of these groups have any respect for the other. My request is simple. JUST BE AMERICAN.

A CRIME IS A CRIME IS A CRIME, THERE ARE NO HATE OR RACIAL CRIMES. THE COLOR OF THE VICTIMS SKIN, SEXUAL PREFERENCES, RELIGION, OR WHATEVER DO NOT MATTER. A CRIME VICTIM IS A CRIME VICTIM NO MATTER WHAT.

I do believe that some murders are worse than others. That is why we have manslaughter. That is for when you were not out to kill. Some murders are thought-out and planned, I think these are worse.

As for all of us being American, I agree. I once got into a nice little debate with a person of Irish decent. I told him that's what he was. He insisted he was Irish-American, but he was born in New Jersey! Some black people think they are African-American but were born here. If you were born in Scotland and came here then you are Scottish-American. If you were born in America then you are an American of Scottish decent.

Right On ljsmont nicely said.

Everyone knows if the suspect was white and the victim was black this would have been all over the news.

I think people like Maxine Waters are starting to pollute peoples minds.

Back