Rifle Basix CZ 527 Trigger

DDJ

I bought one of these triggers and installed it tonight. Extremely easy to install. This isn't a complete trigger replacement but an improvement-I think anyway-on the factory system. A couple of weeks ago I had a post on here about the CZ trigger. While I think the factory trigger is decent I don't like the set function. My best groups were shot in the unset mode. The set trigger has too much overtravel for me and my groups showed it. I had my CZ factory trigger set a light as it would go in th unset mode and before disassembly I did 10 dry fires checking with my pull gauge and it broke at a low of 2 lbs 1 oz to a high of 2 lbs 9 oz's. As far as I'm concerned a rifles potential accuracy starts at the trigger and that varied a little too much for me. Anyhow RB advertises these triggers to be adjustable from 12 oz's to 3 lbs although I had mine down to 8 oz's and functioning perfectly but I set it at 16 oz's for summer range stuff. I'll stiffen it up for for hunting this fall. It also takes about 90 percent of the side slop out of the trigger. Anyhow I must have did at least 30 dry fires checking with my RCBS gauge and its breaking right at 16 ozs. The little bit of difference is almost imperceptible. I'm calling it between 15 and 17 ozs. It doesn't seem like you get much for 84 bucks but it really does work and I always like to do a little tweaking if I can. Anyhow so far I really do like this trigger and hopefully I can get some range time in tomorrow with it. Dave

Good posting! Glad U like the RB trigger on the 527.
RB does make some great triggers, and most of the triggers I buy these days are RB's.
I too like a one pound pull for doing all of my range work.
U are dead on when you say accuracy begins with a great trigger.

Martyn

Originally Posted By: Martyn4802Good posting! Glad U like the RB trigger on the 527.
RB does make some great triggers, and most of the triggers I buy these days are RB's.
I too like a one pound pull for doing all of my range work.
U are dead on when you say accuracy begins with a great trigger.

Martyn
Thanks Martyn.
It was very windy when I went to the range yesterday morning but it was about the only chance I had. I have just a little more adjusting to do on the trigger but so far I really like it. Might check out an RB trigger for one of my 700's. Dave

Dave
Is that new trigger wider (like a Remington's)?
Thanks

BTW,,,,,, I've put RB's in 700's before. They're good.

Last edited:
RePete
Actually the blade of the stock CZ trigger is slightly wider than the blade on RB trigger but the designs are different. The CZ has kind if a round contour while the RB trigger is flat. I like the feel of the RB trigger better and because of the contours there's probably more finger contact. The part of the trigger that fits into the housing must be a little wider than the stock trigger because there is less side play. I'm not going to take it apart to find out. Or it may have something to do with the new trigger pin that they want you to use.
Thanks for the input on the 700 triggers. I think Martyn uses RB's in 700's also. I have one that will eventually become a project gun and an RB trigger may become a part of that. Dave

Thanks Dave
That confirms my suspicions after looking at the installation download on RB's web-site.
Just losing the side play would be a big + if nothing else. I don't know why that bugs me so much since I never notice it in the field but it sure does.
I've heard that simply removing the set function eliminates alot of that side to side slop, but it's just hearsay. I know I could live without it if it were true. I never use the set function anyway.
tongue.gif

Anywhooo, thanks again.

Back