PETA helps deer hunters???

Dale in OK

Got ta love PETA!
smile.gif

Bowsite.com, a specialty Web site for bow-hunting aficionados, reports on how a People for the Ethical Treatment
of Animals stunt backfired:

For safety's sake, hunters in Ohio are required by law to display at least 400 square inches of hunter's blaze
orange on their person when in the woods. Capitalizing on the fact that hunters do not usually shoot orange,
PETA recently bulk purchased blaze orange vests and have been affixing them to live-trapped deer in Youngstown
suburbs. According to PETA spokesperson Katie Reese, a total of 405 vests were successfully put into circulation
prior to this week, with additional specimens still being caught and vested.

Youngtown entrepreneur Guy Lockey, of Guy's Outdoors has spit in the face of PETA by offering rewards for the
returned vests this week. Hunters who can successfully bag a vested deer can pay $5 for random and biggest
animal awards. As of Tuesday, 308 of the vests had already been recorded as bagged with most of the hunters
registering for Mr. Lockey's drawing.

It's so easy, you can see them coming a mile away" said one first year hunter after checking in his first spike buck.

I have heard elsewhere that this is actually a myth, didn't happen. I've made no effort to confirm, so can't say. It does sound like some of the dumbass things they've been known to do...

------------------
"When They turn the pages of history,
When these days have passed long ago.

Will they read about us in sorrow,
for the seeds that we let grow?" - RUSH, "A Farewell To Kings"

I live in ohio it was a meyth ohio also has a law saying you cant harass wild animals you going to jail if you tryed pulling a stunt like this let alone the cost of catching enf deer to be worth while
Ohio has passed a law that helps out hunters/fishermen now wich is cool stopes the peta ppl from messing up your hunt/fishing
On a nother note i miss the days when they walked the woods they usly put on one heck of a deer deer for yea lol
Joe

Whether this is true or not I would like to say PETA SUCKSASS. I have pulled a few tricks on them through their website. You can make online donations and they will post your name and quote on their website. The post will only be there for a few hours until they figure out you supplied bogus credit card information but still funny as hell. Be imaginative...

Back