Jeep drops ad !!!!!!

Hello
See what happens? We DO have a voice, and if every body who hunts or shoots would get out and USE it, we would not have some of the troubles we do today. I went to the online petition and put down my name. I just be the honchos at Jeep were having nightmares for a few days, maybe dreaming that they were working for Smith and Wesson.

------------------
Safety,Ethics, Accuracy, Velocity, Energy

Jeep pulls the anti-hunter ad.

"This is concrete proof that the sportsman’s voice should not be taken lightly,” said Rick Story, vice-president of the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance. “When the voices of the millions of sportsmen in this country all speak as one, a great deal can be accomplished.”

Sportsmen weren’t the only ones objecting to the commercial.

Jay Menuskin, facilitator for Prebul Chrysler-Plymouth-Jeep in Chattanooga, Tennessee felt the commercial was offensive to his clients. He called the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance to “apologize for the tasteless ad that did not serve any useful purpose.”

I also want to thank you guys, every one of you who took the time to speak up for yourselves and your fellow hunter. We are a POWER! But only as long as we stick together.

[This message has been edited by NASA (edited 01-17-2002).]

I also fired off a nasty EMAIL to Daimer/Chrysler. The ad is pulled, and I don't really think any harm was meant to us.
The ad was sort of cutsy, and that's probably why they aired it. They aren't out to cut their own throats, but we do have to remain vigilant. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Back