Disarmament at Disneyland!

Blitzking

We just got back from our trip and I am sorry to report that no longer does the captain of the boat on the Jungle Cruise wave his trusty .38 around and throw lead into the hippos gaping jaws of death. The river is now politically correct. I did some checking and discovered that the disarmament occurred this spring. I mean, what the hell is this world coming to? I been watchin that guy drill that hippo for over 40 years. What's next, a gunless Frontierland? Pirates of the Caribbean? I'm callin Dione Warwick and seein if she can get hold of Walt cuz I am sure he ain't gonna like this.

Sadly, Disney is on the wrong side of a whole bunch of issues and has been for a long time. What makes it worse is that in many cases they're very hypcritical in doing so.

My daughter wants to go but I simply refuse. They hire convicted pedophiles and rapists and put them in costumes, then these people hug your kids, wives and girlfriends. There have been a lot of cases where rapes and molestations occur. The perps are identified and Disney does nothing, won't even fire them. They own their towns and control the police force, so if they won't act the victim has essentially no recourse.

I just won't take my family there, subject them to these risks, and pay money for it to boot.

------------------
"When They turn the pages of history,
When these days have passed long ago.

Will they read about us in sorrow,
for the seeds that we let grow?" - RUSH, "A Farewell To Kings"

Back