Make A Wish Foundation

Gunslinger

Has anyone else heard about how the Make A Wish Foundation has stopped granting hunting wishes for terminally ill kids? How dumb is that? I mean they do a good thing by granting wishes for terminally ill kids, but to be scared of what the world might think if they helped contribute to the death of an animal, that would probably otherwise be killed by a car, by the weather, disease, etc. I would rather have the memories, meat, and maybe a mount in my room, than to let the animal die and go to waste. I hear that there are several other foundations that will take donations, and they will send kids on hunts if they are ill. Please give any opinions or comments on this topic to help the public become aware of what they are doing. Thank you!!

Casey,

Welcome to the Board!! As far as Make A Wish is concerned, that has been hashed and rehashed on this board over the past few months. Suffice it to say that we are aware of it, that there are varying opinions regarding their program, and we really don't want to pursue it further at this time. I do appreciate your bringing it to our attention. There is certainly no way you could no the rather heated history revolving around it.

Good Hunting,

Bob C.

Back