Dealing with the Anti's

Skued

Last night as read though posts on another board I came across a post that bothered me.
A fellow predator hunter found a Pro environment/animal rights web site. It must of upset him, he wrote them and sent a picture of his kill(two dead coyotes and himself). Bad idea! The anti site placed his picture on their site adding fuel to the fire for their members.

My former employer was a University animal research facility. We had to deal with all of these groups and were trained to do so.
So I hope to share this with all of you so we (hunters) can better defend our rights.

First and foremost CHECK your emotions at the door. The anti-gun, animal rights and environmental groups want you to get emotional. They feel if they can get you upset enough to lash out, i.e. cuss them, fight with them, then they have won. Fight these groups with FACTS and a cool head. Don't give them more ammo buy losing your temper.

Understanding the people you are dealing with is also important. Must of them are upper middle class, women, with lots of free time, and live in urban areas. They get their information via the liberal media and public education. They are sponges, without thoughts of their own.

Hunting groups need to educate the public about the positive results of hunting and gun ownership and provide facts. Animal rights groups are targeting the younger urban populations with misinformation and propaganda, so don't let them win by provoking senseless fights. Either use the opportunities to share facts and information, or leave it alone.

So what are your thoughts?

Best regards,
Steve

Back