Aint no Predators in NV. I aint Lion! Pics..

I haved lived in Tahoe for 17 years and have seen 3 cats. I hunt Pleasant Valley and Indian Creek areas in CA and lots of yotes there, but thats not @ 7000'. I hunt the Pine Nuts area by Gardneville NV and Johnson Lane and yotes are EVERYWHERE! But again, not 7000'. They are all over the place here in Tahoe....6250', but once I get to the top of any pass or go up to Wrights Lake or Kirkwood/Silver Lake they are more scarce. The highest I have seen a yote in NV was up by Gerlock and the elevation was 6700'. Lots of Jack Rabbits and yotes.....and many other animals. I havent been out for 6 weeks or so due to a few surgeries but I am healthy and ready now. PM me if you would like to do some team yote hunting. I have a few nice spots picked out and maybe you could teach me a thing or two since I am VERY new to hunting yotes.

Tony

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cbosshog79BTT for HOM nomination...

Who is eligable to vote on this,and where do i vote?????

Can any experienced Lion hunters take a guess at the weight? He looked to be about 3 foot tall, but since it was the first one Ive seen, I have no way to judge. Thanks...

GREAT pics Ornery, The next thing I will see is some guy from here in Pa. posting your pics on one of our Pa. hunting forums saying he took them here in Pa.....but I'll be watching cause I know the pics now and I'll call him on it.
You won't believe how many posts on our site that say they have seen lions here in Pa. 99.9% of them are full of crap but they start up a whole bunch of arguments over it.
Again great pics. I would love to see one in the wild.

Ok, let's get this straight. First off, the coyote hunting in Nevada sux!! Second, it's a friggin lousy place to retire!!

Now back to the lion pics, very cool Onery!! I've lived in Nevada for 35 years and have only seen two lions. One while deer hunting and the other other was caught in a trap on a ranch I worked on. Both encounters gave me a serious case of the willy's!! There's just something about seeing one up close and knowing that there are no fences between it and you.
Nevada has lots of lions. Almost every Mtn range in the state has a population. Tags are easy to get and the season is pretty long.

Congrats Onery, not many people actually get pics of the lions they see. And considering the circumstances, your pics are quite good!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks again for the comments Guys...I never wont the Lotto, but as far as predator calling goes, I feel like I did! I hope that many more get to feel the excitement.

Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357Thanks again for the comments Guys...I never wont the Lotto, but as far as predator calling goes, I feel like I did! I hope that many more get to feel the excitement.

I also am hoping to feel that same excitement....along with just a little "recoil"...
thumbup1.gif

Great Pics!

There were lots of huge Lions and bobs running around the NV test site. Actually it is somewhat amazing the wildlife on the test site. Sort of a game reserve without the designation.

Nice Pictures!

Capitol, It was beating fast, But it was more for about getting a Picture. Get out there Guys.. I hope that you all get to experience something like this. Thanks for the Comments. As been noted before from other experiences by hunters.. You never know what may show up!

AHA!!! There are coyotes above 7000 feet in Nevada!! And here's the proof. Took this today around 11:00a.m. while the wife and I were riding in a motorcycle poker run. This was taken in the meadows along the Mt. Rose highway!! Notice the hikers in the background taking advantage of the gorgeous whether to explore the Tahoe Rim Trail!! I've actually seen quite a few coyotes in this area over the years.

MtRosecoyote2.jpg

Your living the dream, minus the feel of the recoil. Hitting the trigger on that must have been awesome, though is was a camera trigger. I would have crapped myself seeing that!

ibschmidty

Back