Hey Stu... What about S&W?

AzWill

Stu. . .

Have you come across any information that indicates the new owner of S&W intends to live up to the agreement made with the Clinton Administration?

I used to buy a new “Smith” every year on the average but I stopped buying Smith & Wesson products the day that S&W sold their soul to the devil....
frown.gif

------------------
yotewalk.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com

No. Someone on another site posted that they had read a report indicating that these people intended to get rid of it, but I've read 6 or more reports that have made no such comment.

As long as they're bound by that agreement I won't buy anything that profits S&W.

BTW, that list includes Harley Davidson (transmission cases), Kimber (frames), and Browning (rifle barrels).

------------------
"When They turn the pages of history,
When these days have passed long ago.

Will they read about us in sorrow,
for the seeds that we let grow?" - RUSH, "A Farewell To Kings"

Boy Stu . . . you’re pretty quick on the draw yourself! I had just finished posting and you fired back your reply. . .

I haven’t been able to locate anything that would indicate the new owners intend trash the agreement with Clinton either.

It’s a shame too because Smith and Wesson was always #1 in my book, until they cut the deal with the devil himself.

I think, had S&W not belonged to the Brits, but an American owner; the company would have never cut the deal in the first place.

It’s sad to see - what was once the icon of American gun makers; deteriorate in the manner it has. A classic example of how bad management decisions can impact a company and those who work for it.

------------------
yotewalk.gif

http://www.predatormasters.com

The latest story has $&$ being sold to Saf-T-Hammer. It will be interesting to see if the new US owned co. will stick with the deal with the devil. MI VHNTR

[This message has been edited by MI VHNTR (edited 05-17-2001).]

The NRA has previously mentioned Saf-T-Hammer as an anti-gun company. I am not holding my breath.

"S&W-The sale of the gunmaker is already public, so we will only make a few comments. Saf-T-Hammer has bought the company for $15 million. Saf-T-Hammer has been cited as being an anti-gun company, in the past, by the NRA. So you should not be so quick to celebrate the sale. The NCRF hopes that the "Clinton sell-out" deal will be rejected, but we won't hold our breaths. (5/15/01)"

------------------
“No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms, is as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”
Thomas Jefferson, June 1776

[This message has been edited by Calypso (edited 05-18-2001).]

Back