Nosler .243 E-Tip Data for H4350

mac805

I bought some Nosler 90gr E-Tip to try in my .243, and the note in the box recommends starting at listed Nosler min loads and not exceeding mid load levels. There is just one problem. I don't have the Nosler manual, and their website does not list a load for H4350.

Does anyone have the min-mid-max load levels for .243 Win 90gr bullets and H4350 from Nosler?

Thanks in advance!

My Nosler 6th edition has no listing for H4350 with a 90g bullet.E-Tip? The load data with my .243 Winchester Lee Dies shows for a 90g Jacketed ("LEAD") Bullet and H4350 42g to 44.5g and a min COL of 2.625" hope this helps

I don't think they list specific data for the E-Tip and are saying to use the min-mid load for their 90gr ballistic tip bullets. Is anything listed for H4350 or IMR4350?

Well if it helps Hornady 7th states for their 95-100gr. H4350 37.4, 39.1, 40.8. I was always told if you can't find the data for a bullet go one size higher for a starting point!

I think they put that in there so you don't push the bullet to fast and have it explode before it hits. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought those non leaded bullets were softer then the leaded?

For my Tikka T3 I went with other pulished data for 85-95gr bullets and cross refrencing powders of similar burn rate for a starting point and worked up carfully.The powders i used were H4831sc and Ramshot Hunter with no pressure issues but accuracy was terrible so the E-tip project is on hold until i get some other powder to try.These E-tips might need a faster twist to control them better.Good Luck..!

Last edited:
The E-tip seems to be built like the early Barnes X, solid copper, with a smooth shank. The early Barnes X gave me fits for accuracy in 5-6 rifles, from 243 to 300 Weatherby.

Barnes solved the accuracy issue with the TSX.

Mac805- If you have difficulty obtaining accuracy with the Nosler E-tip, try the 85gr Barnes TSX. With Varget, my 243 shoots sub-moa.

I have been playing with the Barnes TSX as well, and it shoots pretty well for me but seems to leave a lot of copper behind.

Other Nosler bullets have shot well in my gun, so I thought I would give the E-Tips a try. If they don't then I will stick with the Barnes

Back