Ultimate Long Range AR in the AR-15 Platform?

Originally Posted By: Jack RobertsFor long range shooting there is no need to have them fit a magazine. Single loading works well and is the only thing allowed in long range competition.

Jack

Jack,

I like how you come into a discussion and always correct people because you know what is best for them and there situation. I thought this forum prides it self on this type of thing not happening a lot. I have seen you come in and post statements like this before, you like to start little digs, and to think you are a moderator.

Nobody said anything about competing anyway.
shocked.gif

Cbass and I like to hunt with our WSSM’s and single loading does not work well in the field, that is why we have AR’s.

Jack is a 'matter of fact' kinda gentleman. So if facts don't matter to ya, then don't bother listening...

And f.w.i.w...
Long range shooting are hunting not the same. Look at the title of the thread, then take notice that Jack's comments were completely within the context of the topic...

Does everyone have to start digs.......

Jack was talking about competition, and that is not hunting.

Jack was responding to Cbass so he was not addressing the OP's statement.

Clearly, Knockem, facts can be out of context and that was the case, and now I see we have others that like to start digs and jump into stuff that had nothing to do with them, congratulations.

I still prefer my 7.62's @ LR, but i did just shoot a 7mmSTW @ my range lastnight of course its not in the ar platform but let me tell you a little something about a flat vapor trail compared to my AR-10, and SR!!!

Originally Posted By: mbkmkkDoes everyone have to start digs.......

Jack was talking about competition, and that is not hunting.
And you were talking about hunting, not competition. It doesn't make either of your opinions less valid...

Originally Posted By: mbkmkkJack was responding to Cbass so he was not addressing the OP's statement.
Not really, as I was responding to the "zing" post, not you?

Originally Posted By: mbkmkkClearly, Knockem, facts can be out of context and that was the case, and now I see we have others that like to start digs and jump into stuff that had nothing to do with them, congratulations.

I agree, but whoever let facts get in the way of a good argument?

To get back on track:
I've got a 25WSSM AR, but have only taken it out to about 800yds or so on steel. Never killed anything past about 550 with it, though. Still need to mess around with it beyond that with some heavier bullets...
Although I've spanked P-dogs with the .20TAC past 600, and past 700 with a 6x45, I wouldn't consider either a "long range" chambering...

Got a new iron going in the fire soon that will most likely beat any other AR-15 chambering, handily. At least on paper, it does...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: knockemdown
Got a new iron going in the fire soon that will most likely beat any other AR chambering, handily. At least on paper, it does...

And the iron is.........?!

Not the .223 wizzer?!

Adam, to stay on par with the thread topic, I edited my post above to specify the AR-15 platform.

Yep, re-barreled to a fast twister for pushing a 75Amax near 3400fps. Run the #s & see for yourself. And 100% mag fed, for the hunters in the house
wink.gif
It'd pretty much be a .22-250AI machine gun...

And to pre-empt anyone playing the 'barrel burner' card, I could care less about it. If you want performance, you gotta burn some rubber!

Back