.222 Magnum

No one chambers the 222 mag anymore except Cooper I know does. The 222 mag is like a 223 ai so if ya look at those velocities it will be close. Rifles can be tough to find they where made by Remington in the 722 and 700 Browning also chambered it as well as Steyr Mannlicher and Sako.

Howling,

Few, if any, chamber the 222mag anymore. Cooper was the last I heard. The Sako is the rifle I drooled over when I was 12yo, in 1968. I left hints all year for my parents to buy one for me for Christmas, but, strangley enough, my parnets weren't about to shell out that kind of cash for a varmint rifle for me.

The 222mag does not have the speed of the 22-250, but it's no slouch. I am able to, safely, hit 3,400fps+ with H4895 and a 55gr Nosler Combined Tech bullet. The 22-250 should be closer to 3,500-3,600fps with that bullet weight.

I was fortunate enough to pick up a model 722 222 mag manuf. Feb. 1959 a few years ago, it has a custom birds-eye maple stock with a LH cheek piece. It shoots very well with WW-748 and BL-C2 with a 50 gr V-Max or Speer 52 gr HP.
If you have a chance to pick up a copy of Ken Waters pet loads he really has good reviews about this old cartridge and some extensive loading data.

Originally Posted By: bumpI was fortunate enough to pick up a model 722 222 mag manuf. Feb. 1959 a few years ago, it has a custom birds-eye maple stock with a LH cheek piece. It shoots very well with WW-748 and BL-C2 with a 50 gr V-Max or Speer 52 gr HP.
If you have a chance to pick up a copy of Ken Waters pet loads he really has good reviews about this old cartridge and some extensive loading data.

I see that this is your first post.
Welcome to PM!!
thumbup1.gif

Lots of good people here with lots of good knowledge.
Come back often.

Back