Eastern predator hunting books

Thanks for your response GC, I don't know anything about Tom Bechdel, but do enjoy his book book and video. I have met people who dealt with Dennis Kirk and thought he was solid gold.

Good enough, I don't want to argue or get into lengthy dialogue about the topic. I appreciate your response also, good huntin’ and stay safe.

I met Dennis Kirk back in the 80's he gave me some good help on fox calling, matter of fact some of those methods I still use to this day for calling fox in my wildlife control business here in NJ. that is when we can find them here in the southern part of the state LOL yotes moved in and fox well, I used his coon puppies tape and bout had a coon crawl up my pant legs the first time I used it LOL Matter of fact that taped helped me with calling coon with my mouth in attics. don't know much on his yotes I must add. He is a north eastern hunter we just do not get the kills like you western boys.

But then again I like cover scent LOL GC it been a while LOL

Hey Redneck, how you doing? Notice I specifically said "coyote" in my reply. Anyway, I'm done with this topic. Cover scent... your wife is gonna kick you out of the house you keep coming home smelling like fox pee! LOL...
smile.gif

LOL I only put the pee on my boots and mist LOL the forest and fields goes on my clothes and she makes me take them off out side gets cold so I have to move fast LOL glad it is night time so no one see's me running around out side in my long johns LOL

yeah that is why I said I don't know to much about his yote calling.

Originally Posted By: john007Tom also claims to have taken most of his yotes with 20 guage and #6 shot. The last time I heard him speak I think he was with Knight and Hale

SAYS IT ALL

Originally Posted By: jasonpredhunterMaybe GC should write a book then...I've never even heard of the other guys you are referring to or read their books, but from what I'm hearing from this thread they are #$#%. I kinda feel for the authors though. Anytime anyone puts themselves out there they are ALWAYS subject to criticism and there are always a bunch of "&%^" ready to pile on. I think it's a bunch of BS. If you think you are better, then write you're own book and let your book sales speak for you. Why just bash someone for trying???? I know when I won the world championship for coyote vocalizations I heard," well my buddy can call that good..." or " i know a guy down the road that can call better than that"....well you know what, tell him he should have showed up, it was an open contest....Like I said, I have no clue who these guys are but I just hate seeing an A-- Hole bashing on someone for trying. IMO, it's bad for the sport. Aren't we all on the same team??? Personally, I don't know two people who's tactics are the same anyway. I think you should take bits and pieces from different people and form your own opinions. Trust me, you aren't going to learn to coyote hunt from behind a computer screen fellas, get out there and learn on your own. That's how I did it. I promise you, things learned the hard way always stick with you better and pay off more in the end!

Hi Jason, I think we met in Ohio earlier this year?
Congratualtions again on your calling accomplishments...

Just wanted to address your post, as it seems from waaay out in left field.
First off, calling out GC is not in good form. He's been killing coyotes here in the East since you (and I) were in diapers. That alone is deserving of some respect...

Secondly, guys 'peeing in your cheerios' for winning a calling contest has little/nothing to do with members here commenting on the credentials of an author SELLING a product. Sorry that happened to you, and you are exactly right...those guys indeed SHOULD have competed if they can call better than you! I'm all for putting your $$$ where your mouth is...

But again, your misguided & confrontational response toward GC is hard for me to swallow. I didn't see him 'bash' anyone 'for trying', nor were his posts inflammatory. And to go so far as to lump GC in with your self indulgent commentary on "A-holes" is 100% unfounded, unprofessional & deserving of an apology.

Just sayin'...

And b.t.w...
From what I know of him, GC could write a book in calling predators. And if he did, I'd buy it in a heartbeat...

Take care,
Fred

EDIT to add: This post is not a knock against you, Jason. Just sticking up for my friend who deserves a bit of respect. Thanks...

Last edited:
knockemdown is dead on target about GC, he is a rock solid person, hunter and caller. He's learned his own way, in his own environment/habitat over several years of tromping through Mark Twain National Forest, and the Ozark Mountains among other places. He produces with the call, and with the rifle.

His comments were meant to be thought provoking on some questionable subjects, that is all.

GC always ran a tight ship as a Moderator on here. A long time and highly thought of Predatormaster, he doesn't need any flack for a comment intended to encourage someone to do a little research before they start glorifying someone as the Ultimate Predator Hunter, who's really only goal is to make money from the less knowledgable.

Dennis Kirk has certainly left his mark on Predator Hunting over many-many years. Heard many good things about him, especially irt fox and coons. Have never heard any good things on some of the others mentioned above, but their statements such as swampwalker highlighted, speaks volumes.

Now everyone, as your friendly neighborhood Moderator, let's all step back away from the keyboard, take a deep breath and realize as GC used to say "It's only cyberspace"

Ease up! good hunting to you all next season

Congratulations on the World Championship Jason, and I appreciate your work at that Eastern Predator Hunting Seminar down in Tenn as well. We need guys like you.

p.s. GC really should write a book. I'd be first in line to buy it.

Well, I guess an apology is in order for GC. I'm sorry for offending you GC. I guess I just read that post in a bad mood and it hit me the wrong way. I'm a pretty NON-confrontational person but I guess I just read some of the posts and "misunderstood" what was being said and I guess I misunderstood it as people discrediting someone because they have different tactics. I guess I should just stick to being the quiet person I normally am.

Again, I'm sorry if I offended anyone or their friends.
With that being said, Happy Hunting, and I look forward to buying GC's book if he should ever write one as well.

Hey guys, I'm not angry or offended really. I just got in, been out shooting some skeet with my son and afterward we went to dinner. I certainly appreciate the kind words, the confidence, and the friendships here at PM. And I'd like to think that means Jason too. Don’t sweat the little things men, it’s only the Internet. Get out in the next few days and shoot something… you’ll feel better I promise!
smile.gif

Back