Mayor Daley Insults America In Pre-McDonald Ploy

hm1996

Staff member

NRA-ILA news release Mayor Daley Insults America In Pre-McDonald Ploy

Friday, April 30, 2010

Fearful that America’s Supreme Court will soon strike down Chicago’s handgun ban, frustrated by the Illinois legislature’s rejection of his anti-gun agenda, and repudiated by American courts and legislatures over his plan to sue federally licensed manufacturers and dealers of firearms for third-party crimes, Chicago Mayor Richard Daley (D) is showing contempt for his own country’s and state’s institutions, by seeking a foreign entity to enforce his anti-gun agenda against the American people.

This week, Daley called for “redress against the gun industry” in the World Court, in The Hague, Netherlands. Forgetting or not caring who his constituents are, Daley blurted “This is coming from international mayors. They’re saying, ‘We’re tired of your guns, America.’”

Daley’s global gun control fantasy received the endorsement of Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter (D), whose enthusiasm for international law is apparently matched by his novel interpretation of the United States Constitution. “I love the Second Amendment,” Nutter recently said, but “I have a First Amendment right not to be shot.” Nutter’s utterly ignorant statement proves that in our country, you can be elected to public office while knowing remarkably little about the Bill of Rights. Nutter acknowledged that the Daley’s scheme is a “long shot.” But, he said, “you never know until you try,” adding “The political establishment in many state capitals—and certainly in Washington [is] so deathly afraid of the NRA that people cannot make the right decision for their own constituents.”

And that’s not the only outrageous proposal put for forth by Chicago politicians of late. Illinois State Representatives John Fritchey (D) and LaShawn Ford (D) have decided that the best way to battle crime in “gun-free” Chicago is to militarize the city. The two legislators recently called on Illinois Governor Pat Quinn (D), Mayor Daley, and Chicago Police Superintendent Jody Weis to bring in the National Guard in an effort to thwart crime.

So in a city that is quickly starting to sound more like a banana republic, law-abiding citizens are denied the means to defend themselves, while the best suggestion anti-gun lawmakers can come up with to address crime is to emasculate the Chicago police department, and bring in soldiers to occupy the city and patrol the streets!

It’s a sad day in America when lawmakers would rather turn to National Guard patrols of city streets than to allow law-abiding citizens the choice to legally own and carry firearms for self-defense.

Copyright 2010, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.
11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030 800-392-8683

Regards,
hm NRA-ILA news release

Chicago and Illinois needs to have at least one completely honest election. Got a feeling you wouldn't see very many dumbocraps reelected.

Part of the reality with Illinois is that the general population is starting to 'wake up' to the abuses and political tyranny to which they have been subjected for generations and they are starting to rebel against the practices being foisted upon them....

Their state is in serious financial trouble due to graft and corruption and the average citizen is starting to demand answers to questions that would never have been asked years ago....

They charge higher taxes than some neighboring states, but provide fewer services and people are starting to ask where is my money going?....They are just not used to being held accountable and their frustration is showing...IMHO, Mayor Daley is too fearful of his own welfare due to his attempts to maintain control and apparently, the Mayor of Philadelphia is feeling the same...

I live in Illinois, and feel that the state/nation would be better off if there was an earthquake and Chicago/Cook county slid into Lake Michigan and all the residents of the city, as well!!

kevlars

Originally Posted By: kevlarsI live in Illinois, and feel that the state/nation would be better off if there was an earthquake and Chicago/Cook county slid into Lake Michigan and all the residents of the city, as well!!

kevlars

Glad I don't live in Cook County.

Originally Posted By: kevlarsI live in Illinois, and feel that the state/nation would be better off if there was an earthquake and Chicago/Cook county slid into Lake Michigan and all the residents of the city, as well!!

kevlars I agree with you yet everyone in Chicago doesn't need to slide off in the lake. There are some good people in chicago. Politicians are the ones that need to go.

Illinois native here and the sooner that rich jr joins his crooked old man in devil land, the better!

I'm having a big gun party when he kicks the bucket and yer all invited!
laugh.gif

How long does that fool "think" they can afford to keep the National Guard in town? Some of the things I have heard through the years make me wonder if they realize it costs money to have those guys on active service.

Back