Looking for a set of scales to weigh coyotes

Teamroper

I am looking for a good set of scales (electronic preferred) that I can carry in my backpack that doesn't weigh a ton and is farily small but accurate. I want it strictly to weigh coyotes, foxes and bobcats. Is there such a thing?

How the heck you gonna proclaim 45, 50, 55 pound coyotes or 30, 35, 40 pound bobcats if'n ya actually weigh the darn things?

Get a grip pilgrem. That taint the way we do things around these parts.

Next thing ya know you'll be asking how to measure group sizes the correct way.

Newbies. Geeze!

smile.gif

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesHow the heck you gonna proclaim 45, 50, 55 pound coyotes or 30, 35, 40 pound bobcats if'n ya actually weigh the darn things?

Get a grip pilgrem. That taint the way we do things around these parts.

Next thing ya know you'll be asking how to measure group sizes the correct way.

Newbies. Geeze!

smile.gif

Don't forget, black panthers weigh way more than 50 pounds! Doggin' is right on, a guesstimate beats the truth every time... lol.
smile.gif

BTW, I also use a set of digital fish scales that go to 50 pounds. I think mine are Berkley brand, probably about the same as the Rapala mentioned above.

I have a small digital scale that will fit in your pocket.
Not sure what the max weight for it is but we use it to
way dogs, baby goats and baby llamas. Got it out of a farm
supply catalog. I'd tell you the brand but can't remember
and not even sure where it is these days.

Everything I kill is over 50 pounds. Doubt either of those scales would work for me.

I'll have to get me one of those platform type scales. Gonna be a beotch to pack around, but by golly, for honest to goodness weights I'm willing to go the extra mile.

And counting off paces or steps to shotgun killed critters ain't gonna cut in no'mo either! Pure nonsense!

Gonna start packing a tape measure for those shotgun coyotes.. Not just your ordinary, standard, run of the mill 50 yarder either. No, no, no. Wouldn't be near long enough. I'm gonna need one a minimum of 100 yards. That should cover the #4 turkey loads. Might have to stretch er out twice for the #4 buck though.

We gotta get this stuff straightened out fellas.

Originally Posted By: rpc55i use a digital fish scale~ Rapala. Its good to 50 lbs.

I use the same one. Of course it isnt big enough for most of my beaver. I have another one for them. I only need to use it when someone doesnt believe my built in scale in my hand!!

I have one that is used to for backpacks, you can get one in most camping stores. it is digital and goes to 150lbs, it is about the size of my hand. is a little more expensive but that way you can back up those monster coyote stories.
You could probably get one smaller but I like the storie of I need it that big for what is running around out here.

doggin,
We seem to agree more often than not and I'm with you on this shotgun stuff. It's a pretty poor rig that won't kill a coyote clean at 70+ yards like some of the choke and load makers say. Heck, I hear tell of much farther kills than that. We got some shooters here on PM!
wink.gif

BTW: Speaking of fishing scales, I caught a ten pound bluegill the other day. Yep, sure did, used a two pound grasshopper for bait. Anybody can catch them big 'gills like that if they can find the right bait. That's the trick...

Originally Posted By: GCdoggin,
We seem to agree more often than not and I'm with you on this shotgun stuff. It's a pretty poor rig that won't kill a coyote clean at 70+ yards like some of the choke and load makers say. Heck, I hear tell of much farther kills than that. We got some shooters here on PM!
wink.gif

BTW: Speaking of fishing scales, I caught a ten pound bluegill the other day. Yep, sure did, used a two pound grasshopper for bait. Anybody can catch them big 'gills like that if they can find the right bait. That's the trick...

Where do you find them 2 pound grasshoppers? Do you think there are any our here in the west? If not could you ship me some and how much do they cost.

Back