Remington 700's.... VS SF II vs. 700 Varmint SF

How do these two rifles compare (accuracy, value, etc): the VS SF II and the 700 Varmint SF? Is it worth the extra $ for the VS SF II or will I get similar results for $400 less on the 700 Varmint SF? OR.. save even more on the Savage 12 fvss.

I have a VSSF II in 22-250. I bought it off a friend who needed the money more than he needed the gun. It is an excellent shooter and except for a few issues with the stock I like it.
With that said, for me it has limited uses and weighs too much to carry comfortably all day. It is a bench gun and in 22-250 its a bit much for all day prairie doggin.
Another friend has the Remington SPS in 22-250 that cost half as much with a cheap scope on it. It will shoot with my VSSF all day, shot for shot. Go figure.

I love my VSSF II in 22-250, It is worth the extra $$$$ Yes it is a bit heavy to carry along distance but the gun shoots like a dream. If you have the extra money you won't be dissapointed.

I agree with the others I love my VSSF II in 22-250 they flat out shoot. Best 5-shot grou that I have gotten so far is a .24 at 100 yrds. I would say that they are worth the extra money.

I liked them better a handful of years ago when they were half the current cost. My first VSSF in 223 would shoot 3/8" all day long. I sold it 4000 rounds later, I'm an idiot. My second one shot about 5/8" but I didn't have it long before trading it. Another stupid mistake and yes I've learned to not sell guns unless I really know I don't want them. My third one is a VSSF II 204. It was a POS and Remington just informed me that they are sending me a completely new gun so at least they agree. I fully expect it to shoot at or very close to 1/2 moa. My only beef is that for the money, these guns come with very average triggers. I guess the Accutriggers have completely spoiled me.

P1020092.jpg

Last edited:
Back