The Gulf of Mexico

Stu Farish

Director / Webmaster
Staff member
We're in the process of shutting down the entire southern coast line of America.

AL, MS and AL are already closed in federal & state waters for any fishing/harvesting. The FL panhandle is next, likely followed by TX and eventually the entire west coast of FL.

Spear fishing tournament for me this weekend. May be canceled due to weather, or even by having the fishery closed. My guess is that we *may* get this weekend, possibly one more & it will be closed.

I'm about to turn 49. It's entirely possible that I may never again in my lifetime be allowed to take fish, lobster or anything else for consumption in the gulf again during my lifetime.

WELL STU !... I guess that would be O's fault also, everything else on the planet you lay at his doorstep!! Ever think about Bushy and Mr. Hali-Burton and the deregs they got in for their buddies as the possible cause of your starvation over the next 25 years and let's not say anything about the actions of BP !!...How about thanking your girlfriend Sister Sara and her DRILL BABY DRILL thoughts.. guess she wants to starve you out also...guess you'll eat chicken like the rest of us..hopefully the next hurricane won't suck up to much of that oil and not drop it on the chicken farms or vegetable farms, boy guess we'll be switchin' to cannibalism..THANK GOD for this, ALL IN THE NAME OF BIG OIL!!

Well, I say we just shut down all oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico as quickly as we can. I don't care about the job loss, energy cost increases, or the resultant nose dive in our economy. SHUT IT ALL DOWN NOW!!!

O.K., back to reality. This is BP's problem to deal with and pay for. I know the American taxpayer is going to get screwed into paying for cleanup but we shouldn't. If it can be proven that BP was at fault, then they should pay an even heavier price.

Originally Posted By: FrankintheLaurelsWELL STU !... I guess that would be O's fault also, everything else on the planet you lay at his doorstep!! Ever think about Bushy and Mr. Hali-Burton and the deregs they got in for their buddies as the possible cause of your starvation over the next 25 years and let's not say anything about the actions of BP !!...How about thanking your girlfriend Sister Sara and her DRILL BABY DRILL thoughts.. guess she wants to starve you out also...guess you'll eat chicken like the rest of us..hopefully the next hurricane won't suck up to much of that oil and not drop it on the chicken farms or vegetable farms, boy guess we'll be switchin' to cannibalism..THANK GOD for this, ALL IN THE NAME OF BIG OIL!!

I always thought you were a little off the wall but I was totally wrong. You are just plain brilliant.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: FrankintheLaurelsWELL STU !... I guess that would be O's fault also, everything else on the planet you lay at his doorstep!! Ever think about Bushy and Mr. Hali-Burton and the deregs they got in for their buddies as the possible cause of your starvation over the next 25 years and let's not say anything about the actions of BP !!...How about thanking your girlfriend Sister Sara and her DRILL BABY DRILL thoughts.. guess she wants to starve you out also...guess you'll eat chicken like the rest of us..hopefully the next hurricane won't suck up to much of that oil and not drop it on the chicken farms or vegetable farms, boy guess we'll be switchin' to cannibalism..THANK GOD for this, ALL IN THE NAME OF BIG OIL!!

Frankintheshorts,

If you recall, the Lefties were able to stop shallow water drilling, so BP had to go deep. By the way, do you benefit from having oil? How/where would you get the oil from?

Frank, you're about as unhinged as a snakes jaws.

Did I blame obama? Or any particular person? No.

A case can be made for the facts that this administration has made this worse than it may possibly have needed to be, but that's after the fact of the blowup.

The problem itself at this time appears to have been due to criminal negligence on part of both the oil company workers skipping mandatory safety requirements and the govt agency charged with oversite for failing to do so & allowing it. MMS employees just let them not do whatever they wanted.

They pushed it too close to the edge & it bit them. There's plenty of blame to go around & as time passes we'll find out some of those to whom it belongs, but prolly not all.

In the meantime we have the reality of all of this to deal with.

O still , after almost 50 days has yet to even confer with BP, oh well.

O's shutdown includes what? No new oil drilling or stopping all US oil production in the Gulf?

You know what you are dealing with when your opponent mentions "big oil" and "Haliburton" in the same rant. Please, give us something on Darth Cheney.
lol.gif

Barack-Obama-Jim-Jones-1.jpg

I never wanted to be President but after watching that video SING ME UP!! Looks like golf is the only thing on the agenda.

it's rum o'clock at last. dive gear packed, truck loaded. These will likely be the last dives I get to make in the gulf for at least this year. Have to make the most of them.

Obama's response to the oil spill is consistent with your signature line; I have no idea(what to do), I really don't.

Last edited:

Frank--I am deeply, DEEPLY disappointed in you!

For the record, sir, "Sister Sarah" is not, repeat NOT Stu's girlfriend. Stu is a happily married man.

Sarah Palin is MY imaginary girlfriend and it will serve you well to never forget that, never!

Back