1st dbl (pics)

wick_ss

Now i'm no expert coyote hunter. But I have called and shot my fair share. But last night was the 1st time i've ever been able to give 2 coyotes a dirt nap on the same stand.

My dad and i climbed up into our skybox with the sun still plenty high in the sky. I had set the foxpro out in the pasture about 50 yds away and slightly upwind. I didn't even have a shell in the gun when i started playing jackrabbit distress. Not 10 seconds into playing dad whispered "a coyote just stood up in the grass 200 yds away". I glanced out the window and sure enough, the sun was hitting him perfect which made him stand out beautifully. By the time i had a shell in my 22-250 he was 150 yds and coming quick. I barked and stopped him just before he got down wind and layed him out. Dad looked at me and said that all happened in less then a minute!

We waited a few minutes and i told dad i'd try some fawn distress and then some howling to see if we could get another one in. Well i didn't have time to switch from the fawn distress to the howling. 5 minutes of a little on and off fawn distress had our second coyote screaming across the hills straight to us. I handed dad my 22-250 and when the coyote got 10 feet from where the other lay dad smoked him! We high-fived a few times before getting down to take some pictures of our accomplishment.

ChadDaddbl3.jpg

ChadDaddbl1.jpg

Here is a picture from the top of our skybox looking East, this is where both coyotes came from.

skybox3.jpg

Here is the skybox from the ground. I should have parked the truck or had dad stand under it to give you a better feel for the size. That's a 30 foot I-beem it's on and the actual box is 10 foot by 8 foot. We can easily hunt with 5 guys up there with plenty of room to move around.

Skybox2-1.jpg

HOM%20-%20Banner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gr8 job, congrats! Doubles are definitely an exciting way to go
thumbup1.gif

Sorry if you already said but are they both males or what?

Last edited:
I just about had myself talked in to putting my huntin stuff away and going fishin. But now you've changed my plans. Good job!

Back