Two Montana thunder chickens down!!!!

mtcurman

Hey everyone!!
We went to town today and got home around one o'clock. Mom was hanging clothes on the line when she said she heard and saw some turkeys gobbling! Me and Dad jumped in our camo,I grabbed my 870 and he got his Winchester 37,jumped in the toyota and headed to where she said she heard them. Meanwhile,Mom and my brother Nash,went over to the woods where Mom had heard another gobble!!
w00t.gif
Me and Dad drove over and I had my eyes peeled on the hill when I saw two toms walking along. Dad pulled over,we got our guns and bailed out of the truck. I was shakin' I was so excited!!
laugh.gif
We went up the hill,and Dad started clucking with his diaphragm call. They gobbled right back! Suddenly,I saw a long skinney neck from behind a ceder bush! That didn't help my shaking!!
tt2.gif
I asked Dad if I should shoot,and he said wait just a minute for him to come out more. I waited,he came out,and I let the Remington roar!!
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif
While my tom was flopping around,Dad ran up and clucked at the other turkey who was just over the hill. The tom gobbled and came up closer. Dad clucked once more and let 'im have it!!! With two toms on the ground,we were PUMPED!!!
thumbup1.gif
We tagged them and took some pictures.
smile.gif

Here's me and my bird.
smile.gif

4613797241_87230e6e1c.jpg

Dad and his.
smile.gif

4614415162_3c71d29576.jpg

Here I am packin' him out.
wink.gif

4614416726_b9e16b6b0d.jpg

We got home and Mom and Nash were so happy for us! They hadn't gotten their bird. Mom really wanted a picture of her and the birds.
smile.gif

Here is her and Nash.
smile.gif

4613801205_efdd5613f2.jpg

Here are a few more of me and Dad.
smile.gif

4614493258_b036ef4bf5.jpg

4613804785_caf8e7d6f6.jpg

I know it wasn't the most spectacular hunt,but we'll take it,especially on the last day of season!!!
thumbup.gif

Thanks for lookin',Ben
smile.gif

Back