CZ 527 trigger

I also like the stock trigger.Taking for granted adjustments didn't get it to your liking what are you looking to improve.Weight,creep,out-travel?

Originally Posted By: DDJHas any one tried this Rifle Basix trigger on a 527? I'm also wondering if its externally adjustable. It looks like it might be. Here's a link. Dave

http://www.riflebasix.com/index.php?main...p;x=57&y=18

I haven't used a Rifle Basix Trigger for a CZ. However, I have Rifle Basix Triggers on one Ruger Model 77, on two Weatherby Vanguards and four Rem 700's. The triggers on these rifles are as good as I could want them to be. The breaks are perfect, like the breaking of an icycle.
Also, I have done one CZ 527 trigger job on the unset part of the trigger, and it came out very well. I prefer using CZ 527 single set triggers in the unset mode. On a second CZ 527, I did nothing to the factory trigger and shoot it as is in the unset mode. It's not bad, but I would opt for one of the Rifle Basix for a better break.
So, I guess my point in all of this is to say go for the Rifle Basix Trigger based on how well they are made, and the great breaks I'm getting from the ones I have in rifles. I may pick one up for my 527 in 223 now that I know they make them for this rifle. I wasn't aware that RB made an aftermarket CZ trigger until your posting.
Thanks for the link!!
thumbup1.gif

Martyn

Originally Posted By: Martyn4802Originally Posted By: DDJHas any one tried this Rifle Basix trigger on a 527? I'm also wondering if its externally adjustable. It looks like it might be. Here's a link. Dave

I haven't used a Rifle Basix Trigger for a CZ. However, I have Rifle Basix Triggers on one Ruger Model 77, on two Weatherby Vanguards and four Rem 700's. The triggers on these rifles are as good as I could want them to be. The breaks are perfect, like the breaking of an icycle.
Also, I have done one CZ 527 trigger job on the unset part of the trigger, and it came out very well. I prefer using CZ 527 single set triggers in the unset mode. On a second CZ 527, I did nothing to the factory trigger and shoot it as is in the unset mode. It's not bad, but I would opt for one of the Rifle Basix for a better break.
So, I guess my point in all of this is to say go for the Rifle Basix Trigger based on how well they are made, and the great breaks I'm getting from the ones I have in rifles. I may pick one up for my 527 in 223 now that I know they make them for this rifle. I wasn't aware that RB made an aftermarket CZ trigger until your posting.
Thanks for the link!!
thumbup1.gif

Martyn

In the unset mode the 527 is a nice trigger but its set position is pathetic. So much overtravel its like falling off a bridge and there is no way to control it. An externally adjustable trigger for pull weight interests me but I don't know if this trigger is externally adjustable. Also I would like to know if it retains the original creep and overtravel adjustments. If it had those features then it would be something that I would be interested in. Thanks.
Dave

Last edited:
The trigger is adjustable for creep, pull, and overtravel. Read your owners manual! I have my "regular" trigger adjusted so sweet, light, and crisp that I don't ever bother with the set trigger and have no desire to in fact.

I had the 527 I sold it. Now my buddy has one too. I was shooting his 527 next to my tikka this weekend. I adjusted the 527 trigger to 2lbs no creep or overtravel.The standard trigger is just ok. The set trigger is totaly awesome. The tikka standard trigger is better and I was able to adjust it lower, all the way down to 1 lb 12 oz but I settled on 2lbs 1oz. The tikka trigger breaks better, no creep, and you don't have to take the gun apart to adjust it thats the best part. I like that I can dial it all the way down to sight the gun in. Then I can go back to a safe hunting trigger without takeing it apart.

Both 527 triggers I've played with are not consistent with the standard trigger. THey vary by about 3 or 4 oz. So if its set at 2lbs it may break as low as 1 LB 14 oz or as high as 2 lbs 2oz. The Tikka trigger is 2lb 1 oz every time.

an externaly adjustable rifle basix might be really sweet. If not the standard trigger needs a little work. The set trigger is great but set triggers have a long lock time. To improve the set triggers lock time you could use JNP striker spring its worth it.

Originally Posted By: TripleDeuce660I had the 527 I sold it. Now my buddy has one too. I was shooting his 527 next to my tikka this weekend. I adjusted the 527 trigger to 2lbs no creep or overtravel.The standard trigger is just ok. The set trigger is totaly awesome. The tikka standard trigger is better and I was able to adjust it lower, all the way down to 1 lb 12 oz but I settled on 2lbs 1oz. The tikka trigger breaks better, no creep, and you don't have to take the gun apart to adjust it thats the best part. I like that I can dial it all the way down to sight the gun in. Then I can go back to a safe hunting trigger without takeing it apart.

Both 527 triggers I've played with are not consistent with the standard trigger. THey vary by about 3 or 4 oz. So if its set at 2lbs it may break as low as 1 LB 14 oz or as high as 2 lbs 2oz. The Tikka trigger is 2lb 1 oz every time.

an externaly adjustable rifle basix might be really sweet. If not the standard trigger needs a little work. The set trigger is great but set triggers have a long lock time. To improve the set triggers lock time you could use JNP striker spring its worth it.
The RB trigger isn't externally adjustable for weight I'm finding out after doing some research. It replaces the the set adjustment screw with a sear adjustment screw. On my particular 527 the trigger will adjust down to about 2 lbs 4 oz's and that's about it and as you have mentioned it will vary a little bit. The creep and overtravel is adjusted out and it is crisp on the unset position. Someone used to make a spring kit for the 527 trigger but I no longer have that link. Most of my shooting in the summer is paper punching at our club which I love to do. So I was looking for a trigger that was very light for the summer with no over travel. Some people here seem to like some overtravel but not me. The RB trigger isn't a total replacement but an improvement on the existing system. I just would have to remove the stock to get it from summer season to hunting season. Here's some more info on it. I'll try to find out something about that JNP striker spring that you mentioned. Thanks. Dave
http://www.riflebasix.com/CZ-53_&_CZ-527_Instructions.pdf

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DDJOriginally Posted By: Martyn4802Originally Posted By: DDJHas any one tried this Rifle Basix trigger on a 527? I'm also wondering if its externally adjustable. It looks like it might be. Here's a link. Dave

Thanks for the link!!
thumbup1.gif

Martyn

In the unset mode the 527 is a nice trigger but its set position is pathetic. So much overtravel its like falling off a bridge and there is no way to control it. An externally adjustable trigger for pull weight interests me but I don't know if this trigger is externally adjustable. Also I would like to know if it retains the original creep and overtravel adjustments. If it had those features then it would be something that I would be interested in. Thanks.
Dave

You're right about the factory trigger being bad in the set mode.
I wanted a good 16 ounce pull with the trigger in the unset mode, and that's why I did a trigger job on it.
I just could not get into the trigger in the set mode, it was that bad.

Martyn

Originally Posted By: Martyn4802Originally Posted By: DDJOriginally Posted By: Martyn4802Originally Posted By: DDJHas any one tried this Rifle Basix trigger on a 527? I'm also wondering if its externally adjustable. It looks like it might be. Here's a link. Dave

Thanks for the link!!
thumbup1.gif

Martyn

Dave

You're right about the factory trigger being bad in the set mode.
I wanted a good 16 ounce pull with the trigger in the unset mode, and that's why I did a trigger job on it.
I just could not get into the trigger in the set mode, it was that bad.

Martyn

Thanks Martyn
I knew I couldn't be the only one that thought that way.
Dave

I agree with Bushy...my 527 223 Rem. trigger in the set mode is the finest trigger I have....except for the Jewell I put in my Rem 700 22-250.
And DDJ, I don't know what you have but I have never heard anyone say the trigger in the CZ 527 in the set mode was pathetic. You must have got a real lemon.
Like I said mine is perfect from the factory and I bet it is about 10 oz. or possibly less. I love it.

Originally Posted By: peterjcI agree with Bushy...my 527 223 Rem. trigger in the set mode is the finest trigger I have....except for the Jewell I put in my Rem 700 22-250.
And DDJ, I don't know what you have but I have never heard anyone say the trigger in the CZ 527 in the set mode was pathetic. You must have got a real lemon.
Like I said mine is perfect from the factory and I bet it is about 10 oz. or possibly less. I love it.

The two 527 triggers I checked in the set mode broke at 14 ounces. I just could never get "into" the triggers in the set mode. I shot much better groups with the rifles using the unset mode.

Granted it breaks at a low resistance, but I have to agree with those who say that the mile of over travel in the CZ set trigger makes it pathetic.

Shoot a good set trigger and the light bulb will come on...

JMO - BCB

I have owned several CZ's and they are great,accurate rifles. The reason I sold them was mainly the trigger. I always felt like I had to reach for it when it was in the set position. Never really cared for that.

Originally Posted By: Bayou City BoyGranted it breaks at a low resistance, but I have to agree with those who say that the mile of over travel in the CZ set trigger makes it pathetic.

Shoot a good set trigger and the light bulb will come on...

JMO - BCB

Agreed
When I first got my CZ I shot the set trigger a few times. Maybe ten times,,, haven't used it since.
I have the unset adjusted to where I like it, but the side to side wiggle bugs me. I don't notice it in the field, but it still annoys me. I've heard that the "wiggle" can be eliminated by removing the set function. Don't know if it's true or not and haven't pursued it, but I'd do it in a heartbeat if it's true. Any one else heard this?

psyco,,,, If you dumped your CZ's just because of the trigger,, you missed out out on some awfully accurate and durable rifles.

Originally Posted By: Bayou City BoyShoot a good set trigger and the light bulb will come on...

JMO - BCB

+1
I have a Canjar Set trigger on a 22-250, much better than the CZ.

Originally Posted By: Martyn4802Originally Posted By: Bayou City BoyShoot a good set trigger and the light bulb will come on...

JMO - BCB

+1
I have a Canjar Set trigger on a 22-250, much better than the CZ.

Too bad that Canjar is out of business. A number of years ago I wanted one for a 700 Rem and after doing some looking I couldn't find the company anywhere. Found out they closed their doors. Too bad! Dave

Last edited:
Repete- I won't argue that!! I never said they would'nt shoot. Can't honestly say that I would'nt buy another either, just didn't like the triggers. Now that I'm a little more edukated, I might try another one. Sure do like their rimfires!!

Back