Strangest thing you've ever found/seen while hunting?

Can this apply to fishing too?

When I was living in Northwest Ind some unlucky angler found three murder victims along the stream in one of our favorite steehead spots. Glad it wasnt me.

Couple buddies and I came up on some kind of wiccan ceremony walking up a trail in the woods after we got done trout fishing onetime.

Guy in a hooded black cloak with a big leather bound book to his chest in the middle of three chicks in a triangle around him.

Chicks were dressed like gypsies as near as I can describe.

It was weird. They stopped chanting and just looked at us.

I roared out with my big mouth " Hi, how the [beeep] are ya!?"

And got meek replies "hello" back.

Bunch a weirdos.

I always fished strapped there so worried about very little from the animals, both two and four legged.

One of the chicks was kinda cute.
w00t.gif

I think thats the strangest that I remember so far.....

Last edited:
i had a big buck walking into my right when all the sudden i hear a four wheeler. i look back over and the deers flag is up prancing away from me......it was my wife "You Forgot Your orange vest!"
ill never forget the words......

i guess aint starnge but it sucked!

Last edited:
Found a freshly killed red fox in a wolf bed. Not really that strange but interesting.

Moonshine

A dead moose that was covered in a thick sheet of ice but well above the high water line of the river. The river was completely undisturbed with lots of snow over the ice.

Tagged coyote

A wolf half eaten by other wolves. Happened over night and was really messy.

Black bear tracks for at least a mile in early Feb, -30 out and no logging nearby to disturb hibernation

Originally Posted By: the noobiewalked upon countless bras and pantiees laying in the middle of the forest!! makes me wonder how/why they are there.

That might not be a lovers lane spot?

Kinda creepy.

What if a cereal killer's dump zone???
scared.gif

Originally Posted By: Black_WolfOriginally Posted By: the noobiewalked upon countless bras and pantiees laying in the middle of the forest!! makes me wonder how/why they are there.

That might not be a lovers lane spot?

Kinda creepy.

What if a cereal killer's dump zone???
scared.gif

ive considered that too. theres a place where people camp about a mile and a half from my house and one day while dirt biking i saw a garbage bag full of clothing.

oh i guess during the winter you can find free socks everywhere. the snowmobilers take them off and i guess lay them on their sleds then forget about them

Ok hunting I seen a Coyote running [beeep] bent for who know where.. And then two people walk out behind a tree stark naked. I think the coyote was running from the two guys I was going to... As for as panties and bra's. I use to work in a middle school. And we would have to clean out the lockers in the summer. What I want to know is why didn't anyone see all the 14 or 15 year old girls walking home with no close on..

Used to go to southern CO duck/goose hunting every year. Same properties several times per season. One week we go to this certain farmhouse, get permission and do our thing. Next week we go back, farm house is vacant, looked like they just jumped in their car and split. Left stuff laying all over the ground, doors wide open, animals still in corral and couple of vehicles still there. Went into town and ask around, nobody knew anything about them or where they went. Weirdest thing I ever saw.

Other than the UFO...
I guess it would have to be the young poacher with the blue jacket and lever action Marlin that stalked my grunt call one morning.

anyone ever see a rocking truck in the woods with 2 human beings engaging in a game of naked twister without the mat before???

Originally Posted By: lon0121anyone ever see a rocking truck in the woods with 2 human beings engaging in a game of naked twister without the mat before???

Just from the inside of the truck.

If you don't have a compass or GPS you can actually walk around the woods in a circle. On a hunting trip mother nature was tuggin' at my britches. Decided to relieve mslef. Walked for two hours hunting some squirrels. Suddenly in front of my lay a wallet. Hum, I said. Not being a thief I decided to return it to the owner. Bent down to pick it up and noticed that it was mine! Toilet paper and the likes a few feet from it. Thank you Mary and Jesus for walking in a circle.

Back