catfish tactics.....

My only tactic is big hooks, fist size balls of nightcrawlers, heavy line and reel, start fishing about 11 pm and fish til you get tired. My personal best night two fish - one 24 lbs. and one 16 lbs. Demands significant amounts of adult beverages to stay on track for this forray.

These are channel cats.

What is clunking ?

pitchers.jpg

"clunking" also known as splashing a paddle or something else into the water to sound like an injured fish/animal. Used mostly for bigger cats that are more agresive than the smaller cats. I least that's the cliff note version I've heard of........

Originally Posted By: huntsman22
catfish1_Medium.jpg

What did Moby weigh in at? And what is the story on the capture of this beastly fishy thing?

thumbup.gif
Now THAT is a 'keeper'!

Too bad but the pirates who were taken off the Russian boat they had hijacked in the Gulf were put back in their boat on the open ocean minus their weapons and navigation gear; they lost radio contact from the erstwhile pirates who are presumed to have drowned at sea.
cool.gif

The Russians have the right idea on how to treat Pirates who board their ships by force or arms and with the threat of death to their crews.
cool.gif

I very much doubt that the Russians are trembling in fear of retaliation.
cool.gif

Good hunting!
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: huntsman22I dunno, it was caught by a friend of my wife's in OK. The dive knife on his thigh makes me wonder, [beeep].....

He looks to have a wetsuit on and the dive knife strapped on caused me to wonder about the story behind that fish. If he "noodled" that hog he better have a full tank on his back too!

2025c5c4.jpg

8/0 circle hook big chunk of cut shad on a fish finder rig this is my personal best caught about 5 years ago 62.5 lbs

Last edited:
big slip sinker, 3/0 hook, live hand sized blue gill hooked below the dorsel and must be live,30lb. test, bug spray, 30 pack on ice, thats my tactic, no 70#ers, but plenty of 15-30# fish....

Back