AR Sling?

Blueforce Vickers 2-point sling, but you have to side mount it. Some people don't like that style of carry.

I won't ever go back to the other style, though, on a short calling rifle.

Last edited:
I like my Viking Tactics two point. Like the one Evil described, it has to be side mounted. It is really just a regular sling that's fast to adjust over a wide ranging length. There are a lot of good carry options with a quality, quick-adjust two point sling.

Urban ERT

My reasons/opinions

Easy to swap from 2 point to single point. I almost always use it as a 2 point.

Easy to adjust

Wide strap makes it comfortable for me

They sell adapters so you can use the sling across multiple firearms if you choose to

They support another forum I like

I also have a couple of Viking Tactics and I like them also. They were my go to until I got the ERT.

Good luck in your choice

I have used a Viking Tactics sling on my work rifles for years overseas and consider it top notch. Same with my recreational guns at home.

The blueforce vickers appears to be the same concept.

They are so practical I even use them on issued precision rifles.

I have completely gone away from single points.

Quote:The blueforce vickers appears to be the same concept.

The only difference is that the Vickers doesn't have that dangling strap "tail" when you lengthen it. I picked it due to that feature.

Just about everybody, meaning even the Viking Tactics instructors, uses the padded. It's the one I have and it rides very comfortably. As far as an adapter, it depends on how your rifle is set up. A collapsible stock needs nothing additional on that end. An Ace tubular probably wouldn't, either. Up front, a front sight base or any type of 1" side-mounted sling swivel will get you there. Actually, I just have a vertical slot cut out near the end of my handguard tube. I'll try to get a picture posted this evening.

Sportsmans guide had the V-tac on clearance for $24 about a 2 weeks ago, the last I looked it was still on clearance but had went up to $29. Its the Troy model and says the buckles are plastic but they are not the troy model has the metal ones. I ordered 6 of them for the $23 dollar price and there are all metal. Top notch sling. And it is the padded version.

I love these slings.

I went and got a link to it for ya.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/troy-industries-inc-v-tac-sling.aspx?a=644777&pn=1

Back