My AKC Field Champion is gone

Pruson

AKC Field Champion Eaton Brook Kalagha's Rose

FCEatonBrookKalaghasRose.jpg

She had her faults, but she was mine. She died this evening after battling cancer over a long period. A really good rabbit dog that knew how to run, how to cheat in a Field Trial and sometimes get away with it. She was at her best in the New England Federations and Clubs, where a dog is allowed to run and run hard in a Trial, sometimes even on Snowshoe.

I will bury her on a ridge behind the house over looking a holler where deer hounds run almost continously during training season. She won't know they aren't runnin' rabbits.

Sonny Pruitt

Sorry for your loss but I am even HAPPIER for all of the good times that you and that ol' girl shared together. Your voice will what she will miss the most, and you hers.

Sonny, I'm sorry for your loss.
They are all different. We can get a new pup, but we will never replace the one we lost.

Sonny, been there, done that, and it is no fun. I am glad you have been blessed with a good one though as there is no substitute for the joy they give you.

Originally Posted By: MRhinefieldSorry for your loss. I've owned several of Kalagha's pups over the years. Most were good ones.

AKC FC Bucks Branch Kalagha sired alot of Champions. The litter mine came out of was awesome. There were four pups in Rosie's litter back in 97. Two of them(her and one more) finished as AKC Field Champions, a third was stolen with 3 AKC Licensed wins(just short on points)or she would have finished as well, the fourth had either two or three Licensed wins when he was killed by a bear at a Field Trial or he would have finished also.

Les Blondino has put alot of great dogs out there for us to enjoy. Twenty to thirty, maybe more are Champions out of Kalagha.

The line lives on in my kennel anway.
BabyJane2.jpg

Here's Les with FC Bucks Branch Englebert, this is Rosie's littermate the other FC from that litter. I now own Englebert's son, looks just like his daddy.
Englebert.jpg

Back