New cage traps for bobcats- lots of pictures

Hyperwrx

After seeing the top bobcat go for $450 at our last fur auction here in AZ I decided it was in my best interest to start trapping again for bobcats. Arizona is a cage trap only state (unless you are on private property) so I began looking around at cages to purchase. There are only a few quality custom cage makers here in the Southwest so when someone told me we had a cage maker right here in the Phoenix metro area I called him and went out and looked at his cages. 1 hour later I came home with a 5 cluster of cages that all fit inside each other. I had my choice of drop door or swing door. The guy, Bob Small, answered all my questions and I left satisfied and will go back and purchase a few more sets before trapping season opens up. He is just starting with the cages so I told him I'd spread the word. Go into Google and type briarpatch cages to find his site.

I would appreciate some of you veteran trappers that use cages to critique these cages for any things on the cages you see that are problematic. Maybe the owner will register here on PM and answer questions.

Some pictures

5 cluster of drop door cages
dropdoor1.jpg

The cam he uses to trip the pan and shot the door
swivlecam1.jpg

Spring loaded lock
pinlock1.jpg

12 gauge wire
wire1.jpg

Nylon and brass so no metal on metal for rust problems.
trip1.jpg

Back