Howa Axiom 22-250

wvbowman04

Hi all. I am pondering the purchase of a Howa Axiom Varminter in 22-250. I was wonder if anyone has a Howa Axiom and how you like it? What kind of 100 yd groups are you able to consistantly produce? I appreciate the help.

I have an original axiom in .308 and it shoot very well. The recoil reduction is very beneficial. I always wondered on the 22-250 if it is worth it. The 22-250 doesn't generate much recoil so spending the mmoney on the stock might noit be worth it. Of course there is the "cool" factor. That in itself is enough reason to buy a new rifle.

No help with the axiom but I have a howa hogue 22-250 and love it shoots great. Plus the trigger on this gun is probably the best factory trigger I've ever had hope this helps

I have a howa axiom in 22-250, I love it, the action is smooth as glass and its extremely accurate. I also have the Howa ranchland compact in the same caliber. That also shoots great. Bottom line the action is awesome

Mark2

I don't have an Axiom variant, but I do have a
Stainless/Synthetic heavy barreled Howa in 22-250 Rem.
With a 50 gr. VMax, VV 140 powder, in Win. brass, it shoots
some mighty impressive groups for a factory rifle. On
no wind, and no coffee, mornings it has shot 5 rounds
into .2" groups. It is a pretty boring rifle. I don't have
to be anywhere near good form to get a .5 MOA groups out of
it.
grin.gif

Howa's are good values in today's rifle market. I am not
fond of some of their choices in stocks, but their barrels,
actions, and triggers, are on par with more expensive rifles.

Squeeze

I appreciate the helps guys. I have been trying to decide between the Howa and a T/C Icon Precision Hunter in the same caliber. Now Im just thinkin I need one in 22-250 and the other in 204 or 223. lol.

I'm new here and need to tap your brains.
I have a Howa Axiom 22-250.
I love it.
With Winchester 45 gr. 4000 fps I'm shooting 1 inch groups at 100yds.
But these are lead loads.
I live in California, in the "condor" zone where lead is not allowed.
I have 1000+ Cartridges that are illegal, except for target shooting.
Me and a couple buddies are going to reload to stay legal.
Does anybody have any imput as to the heaviest bullet, in a non-lead load that will give me the best performance?
I have a 1:14 twist, in a 24" barrel.
By the way the Axiom stock is great because I have two sons that can shoot MY rifle because of the adjustable stock.
It is UGLY but you don't notice when your reaming a coyote a new one.

Dont have the Axiom in 22-250 but do have one in 204 and cant say anything bad about it. I love that gun. Some people dont like the weight of it though Im thinkin it weighs around 10lbs bare but you get use to it after awhile.

I dont have the axiom but I do have the varminter supreme, and it shoots very well. I am not a fan of the axiom style, but it will be very accurate.

Back