Center Point Trajectory Aiming Guide (TAG) rifle scope???

If yall get the predator Xtreme mag, and got the new issuse (April 2010) and you saw on page 11, center point has a new scope out but I cant find any info or where to buy it at all!? So if anybody has any info on it, let me know thanks!!!

Well just got an e-mail from them.... They say "the (TAG) scopes will not be available till sometime in the Summer." But no info or nothing about pricing, I guess we will have to see sometime in the summer, LOL....

Originally Posted By: Caller-4-Hirefrom what i hear its basically the same scope the wal mart carrys and the are around 70 bucks for a 4-14x40

Yes its the same line WM sells.
I got the canned answer today also. They wont have them out until "sometime" in summer or so.
I should think in that adds they have out for it would at least state "NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL" whatever date they plan IMO. The add has no real information.

HELP!!!! Somebody step up and help me out here.... I bought a Center Point 4-16 scope recently at WalMart..

I purchased it for two reasons. (1) Because I wanted a temporary scope to use on a new 243 rifle and (2) it was the highest power scope available for the price and the salesman sold it to me for $10 off the regular price ($69.95) because it was a display item.

I was told I could bring it back for a full refund within three months and that's what I intended to do.

I immediately started shooting the rifle with the Center Point scope on it fully expecting it to disintegrate at the range the first day. It didn't...

As time went on I shot about 300 rounds with it and it still functioned flawlessly. It even held a zero POI at several power settings.

After a month of shooting it on the 243 I decided I needed to try something else... move along the destructive process. I moved the scope to a light .338 WM that had a history of destroying cheap scopes when using hot 265 gr loads. Over 100 rounds later it's still functioning like new.

I think I may have unintentionally found the "Best-Buy-For-The-Buck" cheap scope on the market today. Short of beating it with a sludge hammer I don't know what else I can do to destroy it.

The dang thing came with lens caps, tactical type high rings (I may buy more rings from them for other rifles - I like them that well), a scope cover, mil-dot and illuminated red/green reticle.

The scope sucks for eye relief. The illumination is too bright and the lens clarity is about what could be expected. But it holds zero and it has actually participated in some of the tightest groups I've ever shot.

Somebody please buy one and prove my scope is just a fluke!! Help me not want to buy another one for the price. You could always return it within three months to WalMart for a full refund. The danger is, like me, you may end up keeping it.....

Originally Posted By: TDCHELP!!!! Somebody step up and help me out here.... I bought a Center Point 4-16 scope recently at WalMart..

I purchased it for two reasons. (1) Because I wanted a temporary scope to use on a new 243 rifle and (2) it was the highest power scope available for the price and the salesman sold it to me for $10 off the regular price ($69.95) because it was a display item.

I was told I could bring it back for a full refund within three months and that's what I intended to do.

I immediately started shooting the rifle with the Center Point scope on it fully expecting it to disintegrate at the range the first day. It didn't...

As time went on I shot about 300 rounds with it and it still functioned flawlessly. It even held a zero POI at several power settings.

After a month of shooting it on the 243 I decided I needed to try something else... move along the destructive process. I moved the scope to a light .338 WM that had a history of destroying cheap scopes when using hot 265 gr loads. Over 100 rounds later it's still functioning like new.

I think I may have unintentionally found the "Best-Buy-For-The-Buck" cheap scope on the market today. Short of beating it with a sludge hammer I don't know what else I can do to destroy it.

The dang thing came with lens caps, tactical type high rings (I may buy more rings from them for other rifles - I like them that well), a scope cover, mil-dot and illuminated red/green reticle.

The scope sucks for eye relief. The illumination is too bright and the lens clarity is about what could be expected. But it holds zero and it has actually participated in some of the tightest groups I've ever shot.

Somebody please buy one and prove my scope is just a fluke!! Help me not want to buy another one for the price. You could always return it within three months to WalMart for a full refund. The danger is, like me, you may end up keeping it.....

I had the same one on my 204. It never lost zero. Like you said the clarity isn't great but you can't expect that with a 70 dollar scope. I sold mine on my 204 but I will probably get another pretty soon. My brother has 2, a 4-16 and a 3-9 and his hold zero too.
Sorry but yours isnt a fluke.
grin.gif

Same scope here (4-16). Got it 2 weeks back as I have 2 new guns and had 1 scope. Figured it will be fine for a while. I was surprised at how good it tracks, locking target knobs, clarity is very good in all ranges IMO, fine mil-dot, (thinner than on my Nikon).
Ran 140 rounds at the range last Sunday and ran into no problems & 1/2" groups. Nice to have lens caps with it. I used lower rings I had on hand though as the ones with it were to high for my bolt gun. Eye relief for me is perfect.
Illuminated is green/red, nice to have a choice if you use it.
Had it out p-doggin Monday and the mildots were used from 100-200 yrds to adjust for the 30-35 mph winds, so 47 p-dogs went to pieces.
Sounds like no fluke to me either...
thumbup1.gif

Like stated above its no fluke , I have one and yes it does hold zero and performs like a champ the glass is not the best I have looked through but its a 70 dollar scope . Not to say it won't fall apart the next time I take her out but for now its a good scope for the price . I even told a few shootin buddies about them and now they have one or two themselves .

I was just about to ask about this very scope.I don't have a bunch to spend and it sounded like a pretty good deal.If I don't hear anything to awful bad in the next couple days I think I'll just get me one.

My first one had some adjustment problems, but the second one(gotta love walmart) has worked fine. Bought one used online, and have the reciept. It will go on a 10/17 or my 5.45 AR

Originally Posted By: TDCHELP!!!! Somebody step up and help me out here.... I bought a Center Point 4-16 scope recently at WalMart..

I don't have the 4-16x but I do have a CP 2-7x and don't have much good to say about it. I originally had it mounted on a .30/30. I tried getting it sighted in but it always seemed to take a few shots to settle in on zero after a change and the adjustments aren't very positive. Accuracy was questionable but I didn't know weather to attribute that to the gun or the scope. Jump forward a year and I moved the scope over to a 10/22 with a new Green Mountain barrel. Again, it seemed to take a few shots to settle in and accuracy was poor. 1 1/2" plus groups at 50 yards. Again I didn't know weather to attribute this to the new barrel/gun or the scope so I swapped out the scope and put on a Tasco red dot that used to ride on the 10/22. Groups were considerable smaller and more consistent even with the zero magnification red dot.

Now keep in mind that the .30/30 the 2-7x used to be on isn't shooting much better with a Weaver 3x on it. Also, the 10/22 has a new barrel and the groups for it are larger than they used to be with the stock barrel using various hunting ammo. Not happy with the scope, not happy with the .30/30 and I'm not happy with the Green Mountain barrel(at this point, further testing to come). Just not a good day to be happy I guess. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

CB

I've had a centerpoint on 1 of my rifles for a few years.
I've been pleased and it's held up well. I'm usually
pretty tough on scopes as my rifle spends a lot of time
bouncing around in the back of the mule.

Just went up to take a peek at them.They had a spot there for a Bushnell 4x16 for the same price but they were out so I didn't get to see it.Anyone have any experience with that one?

I also have the 4-16x and it seems to be shooting fine. Have been having some problems with the accuarcy of the rig i'm using it on just recently (good cleaning needed probably), so i'll need to eliminate all the other varaibles before i attribute any problems i encounter to the optic itslef. Love the mil-dot though--14 in both planes. Cald. for 10x it measured right on the nose and at 16x it calcs. at 2.25 inch per hundred yds. between dots and also measures correctly--

IMG_0944.jpg

Wow.... Just one negative report on Center Point and that is on their 2x7.

I've had a Vortex scope on order and it just arrived. I've made a decision to leave the Center Point on my .243 and shoot it till it self-destructs. It will be carried in my pickup and get a very frequent workout.

Something that may be of interest to some of you guys .... I went to the Center Point website to check into their rings. They are the same style that come included on the 4X16 (4 Allen screws per ring and a HD bolt to attach the rings to the scope mount). I found they are available in low, medium and high pairs for just $15 plus shipping .... I ordered two sets to use on other rifles with other scopes... I like them so far...

Please let me know if anything really negative shows up with your 4X16's. I'm really curious about this scope.....

I’ve had a Center Point 4-16x40 scope mounted on my Savage 93R17 for about six months and during that time I’ve put approximately 300 rounds through it. This is the scope that can be purchased at Walmart. I haven’t had the same good performance out of this scope that most of you guys have had and will be replacing it soon.

The main issue is that my scope fails to hold zero. When sighting the scope in, you can produce tight, dime sized groups at 100 yards. However, at the next session the zero has been lost and the process has to be repeated. When you change the magnification sometimes it will hold zero and sometimes it will not. If you adjust the elevation turret to compensate for bullet drop, the bullet may strike where intended in the vertical plane, but will be two inches to the left or to the right. I’ve also noticed that when the reticle is illuminated (either red or green), two reticles actually appear (this didn’t occur when the scope was new).

Hope this helps.

I bought a CP 4-16 about two years ago, to put on my AR, I didn't expect much for 65 bucks, but have been pleased overall. As most of the others have said it holds zero quite well and the mil-dot does seem to be accurate and useable.
I like the locking turrets, however the lighted reticle is too bright, and the optics leave some to be desired. But for the price I can't complain, it's not a Leupold, but it's 1/10th the price.
I have bought a 2-7 for my muzzle loader but haven't been able to get it sighted in yet. But I have noticed that the 2-7 has a reostat to control the brightness of the lighted reticle, which allows you to keep it dim enough to be used.

Back