cheap upper

Just a thought, I was thinking about using a plum crazy lower with this upper. Was wondering if anyone has any information on them. Like if they are put together well, and if the triggers are any good. Also could someone put a drop in trigger into one of these lowers? Any info would be great.

There is someone that put a drop in trigger in aplum crazy i just cant remember. Look in the recent post for Plum lowers you should find it.

Originally Posted By: pitman6302How much was shipping on the upper. Do you guys think a 22 converstion kit would be ok with this upper. My son wants one for his birthday instead of a 4 wheeler. Which is ok with me it saves me some money. Thanks

I've ran the CMMG kits through 4-5 different uppers. They all perform the same, excellent! I'd get the kit and a couple boxes of Federal Wally World bulk packs and let him go to town. Stay away from CCI mini-mags though, they don't feed well at all in my conversion. Brownells has a $200 special right now on their conversion kits, comes with 3 blackdog magazines.

Plum Crazy lowers are dimensionally a Mil-Spec design.. It is just made of a composite material.
So, yes you can switch out the triggers, just like any other mil-spec lower..

KS, the manufacture tested these for over a year, and use them with there full auto toys..
There is one that I know of that has over 9000 round count of FULL AUTO through it with out cleaning, no issues or wear noted..

Originally Posted By: ksduckhntrHave you noticed any wearing with the RRA trigger around the pin holes doggin?

I really haven't shot it very much yet, so I can't comment about the holes wearing.

But I can tell you a RRA 2 stage trigger is supplied with slightly oversized pins. They go in the PC lower nice and snug. They do NOT rotate or move with the cycling of the hammer or the pull/reset of the trigger. They do NOT move AT ALL in the PC lower after installation and I like that! I like that alot!

I'm not saying it would ever be a problem or lead to wear, but the standard pins that are in the complete PC lower along with the composite trigger assy DO turn and move with each cycle of the hammer and/or trigger. I doubt it would ever be a concern for the majority of us shooters though.

Well I did it, couldn't pass up a deal like this on a complete upper. It will go with my Plum Crazy lower when it arrives..Thanks for the link.

Nice, let me know what you think of the upper. I'm on the fence myself.
w00t.gif

Talk about the power of the internet, when he first posted this site there were 34 complete uppers for sale, I see that there are only 23 availabe now. Hmmmm, wonder how many PM members picked these uppers up?

Has anyone who ordered this upper received it yet and have a review for us? I am really looking hard at getting one of these and mating it with a Plum Crazy lower. I am really interested on how accurate this upper will be. If any of you guys have had a chance to try them out yet, please let us know how they shoot. Thanks alot.

Well, I just ordered this upper. I emailed JSE Surplus regarding the average accuracy they are experiencing with this upper and they said they are seeing 1" groups at 100 yards. That sure sounded good enough for me. This will be my first AR. Now all I need is to get that Plum Crazy lower and I will be all set up. I can't wait to try out the black rifle.

Uh oh Mark, you have just been bitten by the AR BUG! Enjoy, I have both coming my way and once I get it set up I will test it out and report my findings as I hope others will do as well. Have fun!

You shouldn't have done it now your in for it. Their fun I got an upper from Scott I can't say enough about his workmanship he puts in to them came out better then I would have thought. Thanks again to Scott

I just received my upper today and boy is it slick! The barrel looks good with no burs and it is extremely light. I can't wait to get out and shoot it, but I will have to wait until next week. This will be a nice carry rifle if it shoots anywhere close to 1moa.

PS Has anyone tried to camo dip a plum crazy lower? Does it take well to the polymer? Really thinking about making this an extra light calling rifle and truck rig. Boy am I excited

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Fireball221Uh oh Mark, you have just been bitten by the AR BUG! Enjoy, I have both coming my way and once I get it set up I will test it out and report my findings as I hope others will do as well. Have fun!

Yeah, I held out as long as I could, but at this price I just couldn't handle it anymore. With this upper and the Plum Crazy lower, I will have just a hair under $500 bucks into this gun. I am really excited about getting it. I think I will like it alot. I also think it will make a great lightweight gun for my son to use in a few years to shoot prairie dogs. He is six right now and deadly accurate with his BB gun and little Henry single shot .22lr. I know myself pretty well, and if I like this AR half as much as I think I will it definately won't be my last.

Back