cheap upper

is this a good upper or do i need to get the del-ton im looking at. Im trying to build a dependable ar15 for hog hunting Thanks

The only thing I am not sure about is the barrel. I am not familiar with bulldog barrels so its hard for me to say 100% it is worth it. I figure since the bolt and bolt carrier is included I wouldn't be able to find a complete upper for the price. If the barrel is crap then I'll go and buy a barrel and still have a decent upper at a cheap price.

i looked up bulldog barrels there website said they are one of the biggest independent makers of barrels and gun parts ......If any one knows please respond..

Last edited:
well i email jse surplus about the upper and here is what they said-------

Here is a link to their website. They manufacture over a million barrels each year. They supply quite a few of the large AR manufacturers. The quality is excellent, they rate with Wilson Arms and ER Shaw.
http://www.bulldogbarrels.com/
Hope that helps.

Margie & Gwyn
JSE Surplus

well sounds like a good deal so far, I will do a wright up when I recieve the barrel

Last edited:
Good for you sennxx. I should have mine in the next couple of days as well. I am just hoping for minute of yote. If I wanted to go out and shoot for groups I'll use my 6.5 grendel.

Im going to stick a plum crazy lower on this barrel and do some test. If every thing goes as it should ill have right at $500 in a ar15 without optics. I have alot of buddies saying I cant build a dependable and accurate ar for this price but im out to prove them wrong.....

I'll be interested in your range report as well... I have a Plum Crazy lower on order for a "light weight" and that upper might be just the ticket..I've got plenty of optics lying around for it..

I think I figured out that with this upper shipped it is less than 350 and I can build an ar for about 500. That's not a bad deal at all! If you are looking for an optic busnell makes some decent scopes for pretty cheap money. I'm puttin a 1.5-4.5 3200 on top of this upper.

I was on their website and placing my order and no where did they ask for FFL info, so I didn't go through with it. Does a complete upper like that not have to be sent to an FFL? Just curious.

nope only thing you need a FFL for is the lower. Its the part with the serial number, You can order everything but the lower and have it shiped to the front door

Originally Posted By: sennxxxnope only thing you need a FFL for is the lower. Its the part with the serial number, You can order everything but the lower and have it shiped to the front door

Thanks a million! I think I will get mine ordered along with a Plum Crazy Lower. Should make for a sweet rig for around $500. I have always wanted an AR, but the price tag always scared me away. Now I can test the waters and see how I like them at an affordable price.

How much was shipping on the upper. Do you guys think a 22 converstion kit would be ok with this upper. My son wants one for his birthday instead of a 4 wheeler. Which is ok with me it saves me some money. Thanks

Originally Posted By: pitman6302Thanks I didn't know if it was a fixed shipping. Ill let it ride some should have something to say about it.

Pitman,

I don't think it is fixed shipping. It was going to cost me a little over $17.00 to ship it UPS ground. It is probably based on where you live. I didn't check what FedEx was. USPS was going to be $22.00.

Back