camo dipping a scope

BOBTAILS

I am going to be getting a rifle camouflage dipped and was wondering if any of you out there have ever got a scope done. The Guy told me that is doing my rifle that it could be under water for 2-3 days. I am a little Leary about that. What are your guys feelings?

2-3 days? I have watched items being dipped before and they were under the water for 20-30 seconds at most. Not more than 45 tops. I think you misunderstood.

I have had two dipped one Weaver Grand Slam series and a Zeiss Conquest both came out just fine.My guy said he has dipped a bunch and some were el cheapo's and has had one that leaked. The only thing is once you get a rifle and scope dipped the same they are matched for life cause you do not want to be seen in public with mismatched camo.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILSI am going to have my rifle and scope dipped in kings desert shadow.

Man, that should look awesome. You will have to post pictures when you get it back.

I dipped an old Leupold Vari-x II 3-9X. The scope is perfectly functional but I won't have that particular company do another one. Mine was gloss and I don't think it was primered so the camo is coming off prematurely. That being said, you shouldn't have any problems with a good quality scope.

Back