Barrel fluteing and bead blast

Rhinomax

Hi guys,

I saw on here where a guy got his 20 inch rra PP fluted and bead blasted from a gunsmith in pheniox AR. Do you know who he was talking about. The guy who had it done is named PBCHCKER on here. Sent him a mes. but hadn't heard back yet. I am in GA. and if there is someone else you would suggest I send my upper to for the same thing please send me there info. If you have pics of someone that has done yours I would love to see them.http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/images/icons/default/thumbs_up.gif

Thank you for your help,

Jeff
Canton, Ga.

Hey deadogwalking.............Pbchucker said you hunt like a girl......

J/K
Thanks for your help bro. And your brother is a cool cat.

Rap

Deaddogwalkin.....outshooting me???? Are you talking about your pray and spray method!
tt2.gif

You just don't want to have Deaddogwalkin take you out pheasant or quail hunting and have to walk next to him. The bird will be on the ground before you even get the safety off.
cursing.gif

Use to do alot of pheasant and quail hunting but the last couple of years the winter and springs have been really tough on the birds. And it is not pray and spray. It controlled unloading as you mount the gun to your shoulder. It works very well with an old model 12.

By the way..... I am sending that guy a 500 dollar deposit for a gun just like yours PB. He really knows what he is talking about and seems like a great guy. He thinks I should have it in 30 days or so..... Fluted and bead blasted... He said it u hit the bead blast barrel it can show wear or marks... Have u noticed that????? Deaddog, did u buy one from Dan as well???

Rap

My brother and a buddy all ordered them at the same time from the same guy. And no I have not notice anything about the barrel. But I usually have the barrel covered with camo tape that sticks to itself. I live in southeast Iowa. In the town of Washington. Which is just south of Iowa City about 1/2hr. Grew up in Denison in western iowa.

Rhino... I haven't had any problems showing scratches or nicks in my beadblasted barrel. You also need to know that where I hunt it is very thick with mesquite trees and everyother type of plant that scratches you and your gun. Haven't had any scratches in it that didn't rub out with a soft cloth and a little breakfree clp.

Dan is a great guy and is one of the most knowledgable smiths I have found. He is a hoot to sit and listen to.

Rhino, you will be more than happy with the gun and the work he does. The other guy that bought a predator at the same time din't have his fluted or beadblasted. you can tell that there is some weight difference and it balances better. He wishes he would have had it fluted and beadblasted. If you ever get him on the phone better hope he is busy. You will have one heck of a phone bill if he isn't busy.

Back