R-25 .243 how accurate are these?

nightcaller

i've got an R-25 .243 thats almost new but i've never shot it cause i bought a D-tech .243WSSM at about the same time. i've tried to sell the R-25 but cant get anyone to bite so i'll be selling the D-tech cause i dont want 2 guns that do the same thing.

Does anyone have the R-25 in .243?
how do they shoot?
pet loads?
anyone shoot any factory ammo accurately?

thanks guys.

night, i remember talkin to you about the rifle. the reviews that i have read are good except for the trigger. its pretty much a deer/varmint rifle and perhaps the .243 may be a little large for most shooters on this forum, but im just guessing. for some people, it may open-up a new reloading chapter as well, but again, im just tossing out ideas here. there seems to be an interest in the ar15.com world for these rifles but the camo may be a no-go for that site but it would be worth a try. if i didnt already have a 6mm i may have seriously considered it. im not sure what .243 box ammo runs nowadays but im sure its more than its little brother R15 model.

This is the load that I shoot in my R-25, 38.5grs of IMR4064 with a 70gr TNT set .045 from the Lands, I have never tried any factory loads in mine, it also shoots the 87gr V-Max's just as good or better than the TNT's. The R-25 is a great rifle feeds and Fuctions perfect all the time, you can shoot 55gr to 100gr bullets which make it a Good Varmint and Deer Rifle and anything in Between. If I could only have one AR this would be IT!

R-25001-1-1.jpg

guns003-1.jpg

wow, if i were you..i would NOT sell the Dtech 243WSSM.

First of all, the R-25 in .243win and Dtech .243WSSM will NOT do the same thing.

Second, you/anyone can get an R-25 anywhere any day of the week. A Dtech is a custom built item by "THE MAN" and he's got about an 8 month back order (last time I checked)

Third, you will be hard pressed to achieve the same groups with the R-25 than you should with the Dtech

If you ARE DEAD SET on selling the Dtech...go stop by WSSMzone.com and make a post. it will be sold inside of an hour i'd be willing to bet.

I have to agree with cbass16, I would not sell the Dtech. I have one on order with Mike and can't wait to get it. I could have gone to any sporting good store and had the R25 or any other AR10 in .243 but I chose to go with Mike because of the quality, his expertise and knowledge, and from his second to none customer support. I'm not taking anything away from those that chose the AR10 platform reguardless of manufacturer but if you already own a Dtech then you know what I'm talking about. Your R25 will sell, just maybe not as fast as a Detech. Seriously, sleep on it.

I am happy with my R25 in .243 Win.I still have the factory trigger which is a less than perfect but with a 58gr V-Max with 43gr of IMR4064 RLR primer col of 2.625" it has shot 4 rounds touching (looks like 3 rnds) with one round high and right about 1/2". Nikon 4.5-14 scope 100yards

I have an r-25 in 243 and still has the factory trigger in it. Over the weekend I took it out to a budies place and was shooting at a 9in steel plate at 300 and 400yds. With 30 rounds shot at each plate off a bi-pod. I rang the plate 28 out of 30 times at 300 and 27 out of 30 at 400yds. Didn't have time to try the 500yd plate before the wind came up. Earlier in the day took it to the range and shot (3) 5shot groups at 100yds and you could cover them with a dime. Didn't have the camera with me but if the wind isn't blowing that bad this weekend I will get pics. And by the way I wouldn't sell either one of your guns. But if I had to choose it would probably be the r-25. But then I would replace it down the road with one in 7-08. JMO

Here is Deaddogwalkin's first couple groups from his R25. He isn't worth a darn at posting pics on here so he emails them to me and I post them for him. Its what brothers are for, right!
scottsr25group.jpg

scotts1str25group.jpg

scottsr25-1.jpg

WOW thats pretty impressive! well,i traded the R-25 off but i'm starting to wish i'd kept it and cashed out the D-tech. i'm sure i'll be happy with the decision but you guys have made a strong case for the R-25s i've been amazed at the way Remington has gotten their "R" series to shoot.

This is the quote from his old post about his reloads from the group.
These were reloads 70NBT with 44grs of 4831. They were shot at 100yds off front sandbag. The scope is a 4.5-14 burris ff2 with burris tactical rings. I was loading one round at a time. There was a slight breeze at my back. Great morning to try out a new toy.

Back