Predator Masters using UBB.threads Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#1596646 - 05/09/10 03:19 PM Got abbie out for a little fun.
yuccabush Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Bernalillo
Well finally got the sluice box in the creek for the first time this spring. This little creek unfortunately won't be running to much longer so I thought I would give it a try. Did not spend a whole lot of time on it as I wanted to do a little hiking and look for a few sheds. The wife was with me and she don't really share my hobbies so it was tough. I did run a few dozen buckets trough and found a little silver. It would of been a whole lot better with some help:D.

The hike did not go very well either. My wife could not handle the elevation gains and she is much shorter than me so it was hard for her to keep pace:(:eek::). Anyway we had fun. Did not find any sheds but we did cover about four miles in the 7500-8500 range. Great excercise. I carryed a daypack so I got a little weight to help work out the legs and back.

My hunting partner had fun. She enjoyed the creek and the hike. She was tuckered out afterward.

#1596896 - 05/09/10 11:35 PM Re: Got abbie out for a little fun. [Re: yuccabush]
gonzaga Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Raton, NM U.S.A.
That is some pretty country. I have thought about buying one of those sluice's for awhile now and taking it down on the creek down in the bottom of the canyon. There is alot of black sand and a nice river bottom with rocks. How do those sluices work? pretty well?

That is a pretty little girl too. I know Tug is gonna love the canyon when I take him in there. There is so much stuff for him to sniff.

#1596902 - 05/09/10 11:48 PM Re: Got abbie out for a little fun. [Re: gonzaga]
TonyTebbe Offline
Retired PM Staff.

Loc: Lovington, NM
Looks like a great time!

Abbie looks great. I'd sure like to know how you keep weight on her. Her sister, Brandy, won't hold weight for anything. She's destined to be built like a thorobred. smile

Tony

Tony Tebbe

#1596909 - 05/10/10 12:04 AM Re: Got abbie out for a little fun. [Re: TonyTebbe]
yuccabush Offline
Die Hard Member

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbe
Her sister, Brandy, won't hold weight for anything. She's destined to be built like a thorobred. smile

Tony

She has been able to put on a little weight since I got her fixed a few weeks ago.

#1597120 - 05/10/10 12:27 PM Re: Got abbie out for a little fun. [Re: yuccabush]
Wackmaster Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: SW Colorado
How is the training going with the collar? She looks good. I always have more fun in the woods when I take the dogs! Both the parents are slender no matter how much I feed them. I think it is just the breed.

Edited by Wackmaster (05/10/10 12:28 PM)

#1597125 - 05/10/10 12:38 PM Re: Got abbie out for a little fun. [Re: Wackmaster]
Catdawg Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Nevada
Good looking dog, I would get rid of that pinch collar while she's loose in the woods. If she gets off on something, you're asking for trouble.

Take care.

#1597489 - 05/10/10 10:12 PM Re: Got abbie out for a little fun. [Re: Wackmaster]
yuccabush Offline
Die Hard Member

Originally Posted By: Wackmaster
How is the training going with the collar? She looks good. I always have more fun in the woods when I take the dogs! Both the parents are slender no matter how much I feed them. I think it is just the breed.

She is doing well with the collar. All I have to do is press the tone button and she comes back to my feet. My wife and I are both loving this dog. Abbie and I are hiking 3-4 times a week. You need to make a trip down with your dogs for a weekend or two. I will get us on some ground.

#1597490 - 05/10/10 10:15 PM Re: Got abbie out for a little fun. [Re: Catdawg]
yuccabush Offline
Die Hard Member

Originally Posted By: Catdawg
Good looking dog, I would get rid of that pinch collar while she's loose in the woods. If she gets off on something, you're asking for trouble.

Take care.

Yes I know. That is my wifes training tool. I just did not take it off when we started the hike. She is still so young now that we don't let her out of sight on the trail. If she gets out of sight I tone her back and she comes running. I do need to take that pinch collar off though. Thanks.

Predator Masters, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.