The take after a small get together

purdygood

This was all that remained of the previous 20 hours of hunting(Sunday 12:00pm).18 coyotes and 1 bobcat total.Well except for all the stories.And a 27# bobcat male that wasn't pictured.He is being frozen for a full mount.
P1010001.jpg

There were 8 teams (two man)that showed up after being invited to hunt,there was a small entry fee and at 4:00pm saturday we all headed in every direction to do our bidding.

My partner and I have called (I call)with each other a few times the past couple years.We had some close places picked out to hunt before we went into the night hunting mode.

To make a long story short we made 3 stands before dark,I called (me being the designated caller)one on the first stand he(being the designated shooter and hitter )missed it at 300 plus yards.Well I felt sorry for him and I flung one in the general area of the running coyote who was now out past 400 yards.I missed.Remember I am only the designated caller not shooter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif The next stand was dry.He missed on the first stand and well I seen it as payback to not call one in for him to try and miss again.The third stand was kind of hurried because the light was fading fast. we selected a big mesquite draw to call,Mike(designated shooter and hitter) sat along a tumbleweed infested fence line looking to the S covering our upwind side.I(the designated caller) forgot my shooting stix and well just stood next to a wooden fence post about 40 yards west of Mike and used it for a shooting rest.I began calling with my mini-blaster and after the second series of calls I see a big coyote moving to get down wind of me.I bark him to a stop at 350-400 yards,take aim with my swift and let one loose. I missed(remember I'm the designated caller)only to see another coyote try and catch and pass the first one as he sped away.I went with some ki-yi's and the trailing coyote stopped turned around and proceeded to almost the exact spot as the first one I shot at was and stopped.I took a deep breath put the crosshairs about 8 inches over his back and touched off the 55 Gr spbt.Only to hear the meat report after what seemed like an eternity.BANG! WHACK!FLOP!.SWEET!I rushed out there to retrieve him before it got too dark to find him.One small entrance right in the backjust behind the shoulder.

That was the only coyote me(the designated caller) and Mike(the designated shooter)got to put on the rack.

To Make a long story not so much longer I paced off the shot at 365 (could have been more,sure was a long way back dragging the 29# coyote and counting steps along the way).We called and seen 10 coyotes and shot at 6 and bagged 1.I shot at 4(I was the designated caller) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sounds like you had a blast. But it seems a little more trigger time is in order. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Is that the BEAST i see in the pic? If so, how many did FE stack on the rack?

Lance-trigger time so far this year has really been limited.Yes that was the Beast and they got 3 coyotes and the bobcat.F.E. shot em all.

Yellowhammer-to date when Mike and I have hunted coyotes together he has yet to miss when it's his turn.I can't say that anymore.

That just has stink written all over it. Good job!!!

I was fixing to say that I didnt even see a bow legged shadow in that pic but I guess you were taking the picture. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ray, it looks like we had a little better night. These are pics from the Rankin contest this weekend. We got these four but I lost count of how many we called in. My partners were half a bubble off all night long, but Nolan was excited since he shot two of them. The winners had 5 bobs, and 6 coyotes.
100_0009.jpg

Hey Ray

Since you didn't want to put a pic in of the cat, I thought I would do it for ya. This guy weight 27lbs, came in on a cottontail distress within about 1min. Came striaght in to about 30 yds, stepped out from around a bush, sat down and got shot. Good Huntin'

tomcat496.jpg

F.E. My camera batteries must have been low because the only pic I got home with was of the pile of coyotes that I took last(I thought).

One Nice massive cat anyhow.He'll sure look good on your wall lounging on a log.

Looks like I'm gonna have to go find me another one to shoot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif OH TOMMY, HELP!

Back