Got abbie out for a little fun.

yuccabush

Well finally got the sluice box in the creek for the first time this spring. This little creek unfortunately won't be running to much longer so I thought I would give it a try. Did not spend a whole lot of time on it as I wanted to do a little hiking and look for a few sheds. The wife was with me and she don't really share my hobbies so it was tough. I did run a few dozen buckets trough and found a little silver. It would of been a whole lot better with some help:D.
4592927026_1d06684b31_b.jpg

4592923346_7aba3be570_b.jpg

The hike did not go very well either. My wife could not handle the elevation gains and she is much shorter than me so it was hard for her to keep pace:(:eek::). Anyway we had fun. Did not find any sheds but we did cover about four miles in the 7500-8500 range. Great excercise. I carryed a daypack so I got a little weight to help work out the legs and back.
4592924798_fb02a49ff2_b.jpg

4592915612_2ff80a5033_b.jpg

4592342817_cba25180d4_b.jpg

My hunting partner had fun. She enjoyed the creek and the hike. She was tuckered out afterward.
4592920936_4e1404ff0d_b.jpg

4592917952_af0260cc56_b.jpg

4592911084_97e604edb5_b.jpg

4592910042_23dac89b80_b.jpg

That is some pretty country. I have thought about buying one of those sluice's for awhile now and taking it down on the creek down in the bottom of the canyon. There is alot of black sand and a nice river bottom with rocks. How do those sluices work? pretty well?

That is a pretty little girl too. I know Tug is gonna love the canyon when I take him in there. There is so much stuff for him to sniff.

Looks like a great time!

Abbie looks great. I'd sure like to know how you keep weight on her. Her sister, Brandy, won't hold weight for anything. She's destined to be built like a thorobred.
smile.gif

Tony

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbe Her sister, Brandy, won't hold weight for anything. She's destined to be built like a thorobred.
smile.gif

Tony

She has been able to put on a little weight since I got her fixed a few weeks ago.

How is the training going with the collar? She looks good. I always have more fun in the woods when I take the dogs! Both the parents are slender no matter how much I feed them. I think it is just the breed.

Last edited:
Good looking dog, I would get rid of that pinch collar while she's loose in the woods. If she gets off on something, you're asking for trouble.

Take care.

Originally Posted By: WackmasterHow is the training going with the collar? She looks good. I always have more fun in the woods when I take the dogs! Both the parents are slender no matter how much I feed them. I think it is just the breed.

She is doing well with the collar. All I have to do is press the tone button and she comes back to my feet. My wife and I are both loving this dog. Abbie and I are hiking 3-4 times a week. You need to make a trip down with your dogs for a weekend or two. I will get us on some ground.

Originally Posted By: CatdawgGood looking dog, I would get rid of that pinch collar while she's loose in the woods. If she gets off on something, you're asking for trouble.

Take care.

Yes I know. That is my wifes training tool. I just did not take it off when we started the hike. She is still so young now that we don't let her out of sight on the trail. If she gets out of sight I tone her back and she comes running. I do need to take that pinch collar off though. Thanks.

Back