Getting Stoned

The next step is to get a predator skull dipped in a camo pattern. I spoke to a local hydrocoat guy who said it would be simple.

Someone should do a large bear or lion skull.

rpc55 I would love to hear your idea if you would be kind enough to PM it to me. I'm sure my way of doing it is not the only way, but for now it's working fine.

CJ1 those colored bears really turn my crank. I've only killed one colored phase bear. I have seen literally well over a 100 (probably closer to 200) bears in the wild and only a hand full have been colored. For some reason I just seem to attrack the black one's even when I'm in an area that mostly has colored bears.

Ursus - been spinning my wheels since we started talking. I'm due to head out in two weeks after some hogs. I usually look for grilling size pigs but this conversation has me thinking a good sized tusker would look great stoned.

Your thoughts?

CJ1 I am sure it will look great. Anything that has cool looking teeth will look fantastic stoned because it totally puts the focus on the teeth.

AzRednekRabbit, if you would like I could try and email some images to you directly. That should get around your firewall. Just let me know???

AzRednekRabbit, good to know the pic's got through. I've been having fits with my email account lately so it is always good to hear when it works correctly. Hopefully the email problem is solved.

OP, pick up some liquid latex from a hobby store and a small paintbursh, you can mask teeth in about 5 minutes. Let it dry overnight before you spray it, let the spray dry and peel of the latex. Easy, cheap and quick.

Just another idea for protecting the teeth when you try the stone look, pick up some wax that the kids use on their braces and coat the teeth and then spray it one. After it dries the wax can be taken off.

Those are some cool looking skulls. If I get drawn for javelina this year you can have my skull if you want it. Not sure if UPS will like the smell of it when I ship it though!
tt2.gif

Originally Posted By: Ursus21Desert Ram, funny you should mention that. I was just thinking I wish I had an extra javelina in my collection because I thought it would look extra cool done up this way. Alas I only have one javi right now and he will stay natural, but I hope to collect a couple javelina in the next year or two. At least one for sure will get "stoned".

I'm gonna send you my skull (well not mine, but the one from a javelina). Please see the PM I sent.

DesertRam, good to know you are planning on hanging on to "your" skull. Considering how many people seem to lose their head on the net, you are "ahead" of the game.
laugh.gif

Great work Ursus, I just put this info out over the PM Facebook Fan Page, too!

Well done!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Predatormasterscom/326258455360?ref=ts

Back